• Decor Tips RSS Feed

1. Categories:
    2. Home Decor
    See More

When it comes to creating the perfect color palette, there is nothing quite as pure, timeless and versatile as decorating using black and white.

Black and white simply serves as the perfect blank slate for creating virtually any color scheme you desire. An all-white color palette can be crisp and fresh.

The simplicity of, for example, a pure white color scheme in a dining room in which the plates and ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Home Decor
    See More

You've decided to take the plunge and purchase that home together - now what? Whether you are a newly married couple or two people who have decided to simply live under the same roof, combining households can be an overwhelming task.

HOW TO BEGIN

Start with each person determining their own personal design style. This may mean literally ripping images from a magazine and using them as inspirational images for your new design. The key is that the ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Home Decor
    See More

When one door closes, another one opens. The end of a relationship can be a time to not only reevaluate one's life, but also one's decor.

BEGIN WITH THE BEDROOM

In refreshing one's home, I suggest to start from the inside out. The first place to begin a home re-invention is in the nest, your bedroom.

Your bedroom should surround you with a sense of serenity, privacy and calm. The bed you purchased together, bedding, all need to go.

Purchase that bed you have always wanted. Then, focus on truly wrapping yourself in sensual softness. ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Interior Design
    See More

Pick the number one fear factor of many homeowners and it is often the dreaded five-letter word c-o-l-o-r. Many people are simply terrified to stir the brush in that good old can of paint and actually put color on the walls. Here are some ways to add color to a room without a single brushstroke.

BLANK CANVAS

When it comes to creating the perfect color palette, there is no foundation as pure and timeless as white. White and off-white are the ideal blank slates for creating virtually any color scheme you desire. Paint your walls with a base coat of white and allow the color inspiration to ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Interior Design
    See More

The distance between runway fashions and home decor gets shorter every season. This spring, designers such as Givenchy, St. Laurent and Altuzarra stole the stage with lustrous shine for both day and night. Lust-worthy mirrored handbags and metallic mukluks had fashionistas begging for more and sent the hearts of interior designers into alpha ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Interior Design
    See More

When it comes to decorating ones' homes, it isn't about how much money you spend, but about creating an appealing environment that reflects your personality and how you live. While heading to the nearest boutique or big box store can be an exhilarating thrill, before you pull out that credit card, consider the more economical approach of shopping your house.

Shopping your house not only saves money, but can be an opportunity to ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Home Decor
    See More

Red is welcomed by many people. It can create happy atmosphere when you need and bring warm feeling in the cold days. It is the color that is easy to attract peopleís attention. Red is widely used in home decorating. It is not ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Lighting
    See More

Trying to maneuver through the rules of the design world can sometimes feel like walking across a mine field. We want to categorize every product as traditional, contemporary, rustic, lodge, industrial, modern or French country. We are so concerned about those labels that we often second-guess our design decisions.

In reality, you can make almost anything work with a particular ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Home Decor
    See More

Rich, regal and oh-so-luxurious, gold is back with a vengeance in the world of home decor. I am thrilled, because my love light never dimmed for this precious metal and its ability to warm up a room and imbue it with style. Depending upon your passion for gold, you can go high luxe by washing your room in it. Or you can add just a glint here and there to thread in a tiny touch of luster. Here are the top ...
    1. Categories:
    2. Home Decor
    See More

I love to eat, and I love to laugh and talk with friends. So having people over to my home for meals is at the top of my fun chart.

Whether you're pulling together a last-minute luncheon with a few friends, a family birthday party or a holiday gathering for work, a great meal starts with a great table.

Your dining table and chairs not only have to look sensational, they have to work for your ...

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

• Recent Blog Posts

Olga

Choose the right flooring for rooms that get wet

Flooring is a foundational facet of any home project. But when the room you're upgrading is prone to spills and splashes and the chance of leaks or flooding, carpet isn't an ideal choice.

Olga Today 08:14 AM
    Paul S

Choosing Luxury Furniture for Your Home

With the addition of luxury furniture, you can greatly enhance the look and comfort of your home.

However, this is a substantial investment, so itís important that you make the correct decisions....

Paul S 09-26-2014 11:10 AM
    Olga

Should you do your own garage-door maintenance?

It's easy to ignore your garage door. But it's a bad idea, because a broken overhead door is more than a hassle. It's a danger.

Your garage door is generally your home's largest moving object, and...

Olga 09-25-2014 08:08 AM
  • Latest Videos