View RSS Feed

Vermont Woods Studios

Our Made in America Challenge Finally Aired on ABC News

Rate this Entry
Name:  6a00d83452272669e20162fe16561d970d-300wi.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  18.6 KB

At last, ABC World News with Diane Sawyer ran the segment on our "Made in America" Holiday Shopping Challenge yesterday. YAY! Here is the link to view it online. We'd like to thank ABC producers Christine Brozyna and Eric Noll for coming to Vernon to film the segment. Theirs is not an easy job.

When Christine and Eric came to Vermont last month it was because they had read a blog about our "Made in America" project way back in September. They were impressed that such a small company would take on a project about creating American jobs and they wanted to put the size and strength of ABC behind it.
Well, a lot of time has passed since then and I'm sure that as each new idea came into the newsroom, our story morphed depending on the context of the day. There were a couple times we were considered for inclusion in earlier segments but for whatever reason they fell through. In the end we were pretty disappointed to see that our segment really wasn't about the jobs or the furniture being created by small independent companies like Vermont Woods Studios or Woodruff Custom Furniture.
Instead we got spun into a segment on American schools. Go figure. But it was an educational experience, learning how news stories get created (I'll be much more wary now, about believing what I see in the news). We're trying to just be grateful for the fact that ABC has been able to raise awareness (much more than we ever could) all across the country about the jobs that can be created by buying American made holiday gifts.

Submit "Our Made in America Challenge Finally Aired on ABC News" to Digg Submit "Our Made in America Challenge Finally Aired on ABC News" to del.icio.us Submit "Our Made in America Challenge Finally Aired on ABC News" to StumbleUpon Submit "Our Made in America Challenge Finally Aired on ABC News" to Google Submit "Our Made in America Challenge Finally Aired on ABC News" to Facebook Submit "Our Made in America Challenge Finally Aired on ABC News" to Twitter

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I like what you guys are up too. Such clerer work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys.
Leave Comment Leave Comment