View RSS Feed

Vermont Woods Studios

Recycled Plastic Makes Durable, All Weather Outdoor Furniture

Rate this Entry
Isn't it ironic that most things made of plastic are used only once and then thrown into the trash, although plastic itself is a material that lasts forever-- that the Earth simply cannot digest? In fact, scientists tell us that every bit of plastic that has ever been created still exists, except the small amount that has been incinerated (which has become toxic air pollution).
It's probably not realistic to think we can eliminate single use plastics, like grocery bags and water, milk and soda bottles so perhaps the next best thing is to recycle them. Can you believe this high end outdoor furniture that looks like teak wood, is actually recycled plastic?

So are these colorful, high quality Adirondack chairs. They're made of 90-100% recycled milk jugs, while the faux teak furniture above is made from recycled plastic grocery bags. I think they're beautiful and comfy, but the coolest thing is that they last forever. Of course-- they're plastic. The recycled plastic is made into faux lumber that has about the same weight and strength as teak wood. A typcial chair weighs 40-60 pounds and offers unparalleled resistance to weather, mold, mildew, salt and insects. No big surprise-- have you ever seen a plastic water bottle that's been corroded or eaten by bugs?
We even give this all weather patio furniture a lifetime guarantee which is pretty much unheard of for outdoor furniture. Check them out on our Vermont Woods Studios website, see what you think and let me know.

Submit "Recycled Plastic Makes Durable, All Weather Outdoor Furniture" to Digg Submit "Recycled Plastic Makes Durable, All Weather Outdoor Furniture" to del.icio.us Submit "Recycled Plastic Makes Durable, All Weather Outdoor Furniture" to StumbleUpon Submit "Recycled Plastic Makes Durable, All Weather Outdoor Furniture" to Google Submit "Recycled Plastic Makes Durable, All Weather Outdoor Furniture" to Facebook Submit "Recycled Plastic Makes Durable, All Weather Outdoor Furniture" to Twitter

Comments

Hi there, I dvciosered your web site via Google when searching for a similar topic, what a great resource! I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Leave Comment Leave Comment