Installing a Water Softener at Home Go Salt free and Eco-friendly
by, 12-24-2013 at 09:47 AM (945 Views)
For many eco-minded home owners, it is not really completely safe to use salt-based water softener in your home. This is because there have been a series of studies made about the possible negative impact of the system to the environment.
This is because of the amount of salt present during the treating process. Therefore, for a more environmental friendly process you need to install the salt free water softener in your premises.
What Makes the Salt-free Water Softener System Safe to the Environment?
· It eliminates discharge Traditional salt based water softener can discharge about four gallons of salty water. This is for every gallon of water that has been treated. This situation shows that there is too much water wasted and a considerable amount of salt disposed to the environment. Moreover, many cities have also banned salts in water conditioners because of its damaging effects to the water treatment system, sewer systems and septic tanks.
· No salt in the water The salt used in the traditional method are not supposed to get into the water supply but unfortunately it does. Unlike the salt-free system, the traditional method releases about 8mg of sodium into the water in the process. Salt can kill gardens, lawns, houseplants and can be dangerous to your health. It can also cause certain problems on your appliances.
· It last for a lifetime Unlike the traditional water softener that will last only for about 10 years and then you find yourself looking for another system again, the salt-free system can last for a lifetime with less maintenance and a lifetime warranty so you dont need to replace an old broken machine.
· Stops wasting salt Many users of the traditional water softener claim that they can waste about 10 bags of salt every time they need to fill the brine banks every month. On the other hand, the cartridge that is used in the slat-free system will only be replaced every 3-6 months depending on how big the cartridge in the system.
· Keeps the beneficial minerals One of the disadvantages of using the traditional method is that it eliminates the beneficial mineral along with the unhealthy ones during the process. However, the salt-free system treats the hardness of the water while keeping the beneficial minerals where it belongs.
If you ever had a doubt of installing a no-salt water softener in your home, just think of how much you can save by having the system in your house. You will leave a hassle free life with the system. Moreover, it will also ensure that the water running in your system is safe and healthy to drink. You can also contribute to a healthy environment using the system.
There are many brand of water softener in the market today. Choose a company that can provide you a quality product so that you can ensure that the system can last for a lifetime. The best water softener should come from a reputable company that has been giving the services to people for many years.
Author Bio: Parker works as a plumber in a reputable company. He knows about how a no-salt water softener works and what benefits people can obtain from the system. He purchased one for his at evoclearwater.com and found it very effective.