+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley Furniture Forum

Ashley Furniture - LIES

Delivery is not what was quoted, over a month out.

5 different deliveries for 1 order, no compensation for missed work.

Days keep changing, they only deliver on specific days so even if it's available I have to wait. They can not tell me where the rug is, it's being shipped from a third party. Now I can not cancel, they say only after 48 hours, so I have to wait 6 weeks for furniture. You would think after spending over $5,000 there would be some sort of rush to get me my furniture so they can actually have my money.

I will never purchase from Ashley again.

The check out lady was incredibly rude, inconsiderate and completely disrespectful.Sales lady made up things just to get the sale.

We purchased a Durablend sofa & loveseat but upon receipt was nothing like the store floor model.

Not only was the color completely off but the actual fabric felt very cheap & almost plastic.

I have made several calls & was told it was like this because it was new & just needed to be worn in. After several more calls stressing how disappointed & unsatisfied I still was with their furniture, I was told that it could not be returned or exchanged because too much time had passed. Now we are stuck with ugly, cheap looking/feeling furniture, that by the way was NOT cheap. It has now been 5 months & it is still the most uncomfortable piece of furniture that my family & I have ever sat on.

Bottom line...don't think that you are receiving good quality furniture by shopping at Ashley Furniture.

You're better off going to a nice furniture store & paying for nice, quality pieces.Furniture isn't really something that you buy or switch out that often so it should be able to last a long time while at the same time, look beautiful & feel comfortable.

Ashey Furniture refuses to replace a deffective mattress

My mother is 80 years old and bought a mattress at Ashley Furniture on March 23rd this year & afterwards the mattress developed an inch plus depression in it after a month.

She tried using their complaint phone number but it will either keep you on hold for over an hour or longer so you will either hang up in disgust or it disconnect you.

In late May after multiple complaints attempts she finally gets someone out to look at the mattress he tells her what they delivered was not what she bought and that it is also defective.

She had to go back to the store multiple times and they always gave her the run around and tell her she has to call their complaint number.

On July 15th She finally gets them to acknowledge that they delivered a wrong mattress, they tell her she will get a phone call arranging the delivery of a lower priced mattress since her model was discontinued after two months of complaining.

After a week still no phone call and back to the store she goes again.

Of course the store manager is not there again, and more run around.

My mom finally tells me about this and I go to the store with her, of course the store manager is not there.

After pressing them with both my mom talking to someone and myself there with her calling their customer service people on the phone in their store we finally get them to tell us that no one had submitted the paperwork .

At this point we ask for her money back and the refuse saying they cannot approve it

They refuse to give me the store managers direct email and give me generic emails that I send complaints to.

We are told everything will be taken care of shortly.

We don't believe them but we leave the store.

While complaining about their service two other customers come in and have similar problems with the store, they even told a customer it would be easier if he went to their warehouse and picked up the item himself.

The staff do not care and are not helpful.

Three people have to come back to a store to complain in person in an hours time is a sign that there are major problems at the store.

Another four days go by and no response by them via email or by phone call again.

So I go back to the store again on Saturday July 25th.

The store manger was there but didn't seem surprised or overly concerned when I talked to him.

Turns out the paperwork still had not been processed.

So Ashley Furniture has dropped the ball once again.

Ask for her money back since they had already admitted that they had dropped ball several times of course they refuse again

I stay in the store for over an hour will they try to figure out what went wrong.

Approval for her mattress was delayed.

Took 3 attempts for me to get the store manager's card from him.

I leave the store with the promise that they would be calling me back tonight with a delivery date.

Late tonight I think around 930pm I finally get a phone call from them (first ever response I got from them) and they apologize but they do not have a delivery date.

I tell them just another set of lies and broken promises that I have come to expect from Ashley Furniture.

Promised a response for Monday the 27th because the people they contact are not working Sundays.

No phone call during the day so I go to the store the evening of 27th.

Have to press them for an answer but get told it is still not approved by corporate.

Figure this means more run around, leaving the store I complain to other customers in side and outside the store, I get asked to leave the parking lot by their security or I will arrested.

Left the store, called them again for mom & finally had someone call me back.

They now tell me corporate has refused to allow the exchange because the mattress representative told them that the mattress was the correct mattress and was not defective & that If I came back to the store that I would be arrested.

Figure we will now take them to court to get her money back.

Never, Never, Never Will I Buy From Them Again

Went into the store on September 19th and purchased a king size canopy bed with all the extras; cost close to $11,000 (but got it on sale). Finally got delivery scheduled for October 9th. On the morning of delivery got a call that said the chest was damaged in shipment so they would not be delivering it.

Delivery guys were the absolute worst. They literally dropped my furniture off the back of the truck onto the pavement. My husband went outside and asked them to be a little more gentle with the pieces. As he was talking to them, they dropped the mirror to the dresser and broke it.

He inspected the other pieces and found scratches. I refused to accept the scratched furniture and made them take it back. We were told that the new pieces would arrive October 21st. On October 22nd we were told it would be October 28th. Here we are on November 2nd and we're being told November 6th. I'm pretty certain I won't be seeing my furniture this weekend either.

I called the store to complain and got the run around. I am beyond furious. I told the customer service person that I want to enjoy my bedroom set. She told me to be happy that I have the bed. If I could have reached through that phone I would have choked her.

I am extremely disappointed with this experience. And if I had known any of this would happen I would not have made my purchase there.

Great place if you do NOT want customer service!

Went to their store in Linden NJ and saw at least 8 salesmen just standing around and was totally ignored for over 20 minutes. Only 6 other people were in the store and 2 of them were signing paperwork.

I saw a recliner I wanted more information on and 2 salesmen walked right by me and when I started to ask about it, one of them even continued to keep on walking!

If you like a big unorganized place to buy furniture with no sales help, this is the place to go.

Junk furniture, wicked JUNK warranty

We purchased a leather power recliner living room set and we were told if we bought the $500 warranty it would cover everything no questions asked.

The salesman went on to state that you could sit down with a screwdriver in your back pocket, it could penetrate the leather cushion and they would give you a new couch.

So now we have a couch with a defective frame leaning to one side stitching that's coming apart, marks on the top of the cushion from our dog and everything is excluded from the independent in and separate warranty company.

Couch & Loveseat Falling Apart

Bought a couch and loveseat from Ashley Furniture in Frederick, MD.Picked up Dec.

3, 2015 and on January 5, 2016 the whole side of the couch if falling off. They used tiny tacks to attach the side of the couch and they are falling away from the couch. I called and they told me it was a manufacturer defect and they would have someone call me and arrange a time to come out and fix it. About 3 weeks later I called back and was told it would cost me $250.00.

I had bought the 5 year warranty but it does not cover that. We also noticed that all the sides are falling off the couch and loveseat. The small tacks are all coming undone. I contacted BBB and if I take the couch to Brandywine, MD.

they will fix it at $125.00 per piece. Brandywine is over and hour away from my home and I would have to make several trips there. I wish I would have never walked into that store. 8 years ago I bought a couch from Big Lots and it lasted 8 years.

Paid $300.00 for it. Paid $1500.00 on sale for these 2 pieces and falling apart within months. The cushions are now sagging as well. Just want my money back and will go to Big Lots again.

I am filing with the Attorney General Consumer Affairs office and Small Claims court as well.Biggest junk store around.

Don't like being insulted and lied to

If there was a no star option, I would have chosen that!I ordered an accent chair.

The day before delivery I received a text message confirming time to be between 12:30 PM and 4:30 PM. I responded with a "yes". Day of delivery, I received a call from the driver at 1:11 PM stating that he should be at my residence in 1/2 an hour. An 1 1/2 later, I called his cell.

It went to voicemail. I left a message. No call back. I then called the store.

Marianne said that the chair is not in stock. When I told her that her driver called me, she put me on hold. When she returned to the phone she stated that they discovered the chair to be damaged that morning.

There is nothing that will send me through the roof faster than someone lying to me and insulting my intelligence!I will NEVER buy anything from them again and recommend strongly that you do the same.

High Price, Low Quality

Highly priced low quality furniture that is most takes several weeks for delivery. Withing weeks of delivery, wood finish started peeling, and screws coming loose. Upon inspection, is obvious this furniture is delivered in an unasembled kit to the local warehouse; and their delivery guys put it together there; think ikea.

Their warranty repair service is noneexistant; asume it is sold "as is", for their will do very little to help.

Bottom line, go shop elsewhere.

Delivery men damaged my home

On December 5th 2015 Ashley Furniture delivered furniture to my home. They arrived at almost 9pm. I was originally told they would be there early in the day. I can't recall the exact window. So I sat all day waiting. Got a call at 1pm the truck had broke down and they weren't sure they would even make it. So I am like well I am not about to waste my whole Saturday sitting here not knowing if they will even show. So I called customer care who advised they will be en-route and should arrive no later than 6pm. Finally at almost 9pm they arrive.

It was pouring rain out and they didn't even put on shoe coverings. that was only the start of the rest that happened. They forced thier way up my stairs after me asking if the legs could come off to creat a little extra room as well as not scratch my walls. They said yes they do but that they are fine. I purchased a sectional and an entertainment center. The sectional came up in 4 sections each time scratching my walls, denting my walls and hand rails. The entertainment center was missing a shelf. The delivery guy noted the missing shelf but not all the home damage.

I received an emailed survey the next morning and right away responded with my concerns. Not one call back did I get or response. I also went into the local store that next day as well. They were not much help at all. Apparently everything after purchasing goes through customer care in Texas. So good luck ever reaching them. The manager in the store took my complaint on December 6th and I emailed her the pictures of the damage. She said with home damage I will get a call in 24-48hours. 4 days later I had to call. Customer care had nothing on file that I had even opened a claim. So once again I had to explain ecerything to the gal on the phone, email her the pictures and "open a claim" she said I would hear from someone in 14days. What a surprise..... 14 days came and went and I heard nothing. So once again I call. Now at this point I am told I need to take my time and get estimates and email them the estimates. Keep in mind through all this I also am still missing my shelf to the entertainment center. Because the delivery man noted it I assumed they would be contacting me on this. No way.. LOL Why would they. So now I am pissed. Here we are now a month into all this. Mind you also My home was just built. This is a brand new home with now damaged walls and handrails. Oh and lets not forget the mopping and vacuuming I had to so after they left.

So now here I go to the store. Complaining about why I have to take my time to get estimates...... ??? That is time off work to meet with contractors etc... But if I want my home fixed that's what I am told I had to do. While at the store she looked into where my shelf was. Finally 2 moths later I got my shelf.

I have submitted my 2 estimates for repairs with pictures once again. They seem to love to lose the pictures. Maybe in hopes I'll lose mine and there then won't be proof.?? "Now here I sit 4 months from delivery and no one will get back to me regarding the estimates.

Not to mention I now need to open a claim for my couch that is falling apart already. I am dreading this as I can only imagine how log that will be for them to come repair it. I am beyond disappointed. Not once have I been offered money back, Money for my time and troubles or even just common good customer service and follow up. Ridiculous!!!!

I see below they ask to support this claim with pictures/videos, receipts, screen shots etc... Whatever... They have them not to mention pictures are all on USB drive at home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast