Sectional sofas are good pieces of furniture to have for they provide more seating capacity. They are available in a myriad of designs and styles as well as sizes. Some sectionals are not so massive so it can fit a medium-sized room. Its presence can further enhance the beauty of your home.
There are some homeowners, though, who are a bit anxious on buying sectional sofas because they do not know how to position it correctly. To help you with this dilemma, here are some useful guidelines.
First on your guidelines is to learn a few hints on how to arrange a sectional sofa.
Next is how to choose your sectional sofa. The dimension of the living room is an important factor. A big living room will not be much of a problem but not with a small space. Hence, measure the room to know exactly the size of sofa that you need.
You can also have the option of ordering a custom-built sectional. Having a custom-made sofa will allow you to have it in the design, style and color that you want. You can also specify its shape and size.
Pay attention to the shape of the sofa. Choose a shape that will go well with the shape of your living room. This will provide you a better opportunity of placing it in the room.
Before deciding what to buy, make a few choices. Test them by seating on the sectional sofa. Comfort must be your main concern. Examine the legs, the depth of the upholstery and the materials used. All of these aspects will give you an inkling of the durability of the sectional. Upholstery for sectional sofas can either be in leather or microfiber.
Once the sectional sofa has been brought home, you need to attend on how and where to position it. Here are your hints:
- It must be placed opposite the focal point of the room. The focal point can be your fireplace, a nice panorama from the window or the television.
- It must not block any doorway or windows.
- It must not likewise block the passage way so people will not have restrictions when moving.
- It must not be pushed against the walls. There should be a small amount of space between the sofa and the wall.
- Place an ottoman or a coffee table or in front.
- If the sectional is with a chaise, put a small table near it.
- If there is another chair or a loveseat, put a lamp between the sectional and the chair.
- A plant next to the sectional sofa would likewise be perfect so long as it does not obstruct the passageway.
When you are finished arranging your sectional sofa, you will see and realize that is one piece of furniture that you can do without.
Enjoy the luxury of togetherness offered by sectional sofas. With its bigger seating capacity, the family can sit side by side and have a more intimate bonding. On top of that, it cultivates a more stimulating, inviting and comfortable ambiance in the living room.