Children’s bedrooms serve as a great opportunity to infuse color, light and creativity into the home. In addition to incorporating a child’s wish list and desired colors and other elements, a child’s bedroom is also a chance to tell a design story.
When it comes to creating the ideal children’s room, here are my top Design Recipes tips.
– Have fun with your decor. There is nothing sadder than a bland children’s bedroom.
– Consider gender neutral colors. Colors such as orange, yellow, green and even red are fabulous gender-neutral accent colors.
– Incorporate a child’s favorite things.
– Be afraid to use muted colors as a foundation color.
– Overcrowd a space with too many furniture pieces or toys.
– Be afraid to go bold, mixing color, texture and pattern.