PDA

View Full Version : Crooked Creek Antler Art

Crooked Creek Antler Art
01-11-2012, 11:17 AM
If you are looking for a great antler chandelier, antler furniture, or general antler art you have come to the right place! My name is Eric Carr. I am a fourth generation farmer in South Central Illinois. While farming is my profession, God's great outdoors is my passion. My father and I began making antler chandeliers and antler lighting in 2001 after he purchased an inferior antler lamp. The wheels began to turn and it wasn't long until our hobby became another full-time job for us. We now carry a full product line, all one of a kind pieces of antler art. We travel all around the country to expo shows, and manage bustling internet sales. Our latest achievement was the grand opening of our showroom in Hidalgo, Illinois on July 1, 2006.
We use only Grade A, fresh shed antlers from moose, elk, whitetail, mule deer and fallow deer to make each of our one-of-a-kind pieces of antler art.

We also offer customers the option of providing their own antlers thereby saving 50% off the retail price. This is a great way to make your antler chandelier, antler lamp or antler furniture not only unique, but also personal to you.
We take great pride in the quality of our work, therefore we never stain our antlers unless specifically requested by the customer. Each piece of antler art and antler furniture is designed and built personally by myself or my father in our workshop, and is painstakingly crafted until you, our customer, are completely satisfied.
All wiring on our antler chandeliers and antler lamps is run inside the antlers and all screw holes are patched and colored to look as natural as when the animal dropped them. We hope you enjoy owning our product as much as we enjoy creating them.
Also note that we're happy to do custom work. So if you have an idea for a custom item and you don't see it in our catalog, feel free to let us know what you're thinking. We're happy to build anything involving antlers.

I have always been interested in the outdoors. Growing up, I was lucky enough to have a great dad who shared his love of the outdoors with me. I have fond memories of hunting and fishing with him. As I grew older, I developed a deep passion for deer hunting. We are blessed to have some quality farm ground with some small wooded areas behind our house in rural Illinois where I have been able to harvest two trophy bucks -- one a non typical 140's class and a very nice 8 point with12" G2's. My dad has taken three nice trophy bucks ranging from 130’s to 150’s class.

In 1998, I started making small items such as key chains and tie tacks for some extra cash to buy hunting products. My parents had been looking at log homes for awhile and had an interest in antler lighting and rustic home decor. So they purchased antler lamps from Ebay. One fell off the table and broke into pieces as it was glued together, and the other requires a prop under it to keep from falling over. I knew I could do better.

So, in 2001 I started making lamps and as time went on we began experimenting with other products including chandeliers and furniture. We started out very small -- more of a hobby in the beginning. Now we manage a full time business with a vast product line.

What sets us apart from other antler artists?
We strive to make each product with the best possible care using the highest quality materials. This means we only use the best quality fresh shed antlers from Moose, Elk, Whitetail, Fallow and Mule Deer. We never fool our customers by staining our antlers. All antlers are as fresh and natural as the day the animal dropped them.

Why do people like working with us?
We are a small, family business that strives to put the customer first. When you purchase a product from us, it is lovingly handcrafted in our small workshop by me or my father. We are not an assembly line in some factory. We are craftsmen who try hard to fit every customer's need and budget. In addition, all of our products come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and lifetime guarantee on craftsmanship.

I have several people that help make Crooked Creek Antler Art what it is today. My wife, Carrie, has always supported me in this venture. Amy is my Go to Girl she will probably be the one you talk to if you call she does all the books, manages the website, shipping and keeps me in line. My mother, Carolyn Carr, who helps us with our PR work at trade shows. And of course my dad, Phil Carr, who is a vital part of what we do here.

So whether you have bought from us in the past, are looking for your first antler piece, or just planning for the future, we hope you enjoy working with us as much as we enjoy working with you.

21020 N State Hwy 130
Hidalgo, IL 62432
www.crookedcreekantlerart.com (http://www.crookedcreekantlerart.com)

21020 N State Hwy 130 Hidalgo, IL 62432