PDA

View Full Version : What to consider when buying hardwood floors?

jazzan
03-11-2013, 11:43 AM
I am going to replace some hardwood floors in a hallway of my house in Chicago myself. please can anyone tell me what do i want to consider when buying them?

William333
10-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Now a day it is very difficult to find the difference between quality wood floor and the cheap one. Before you buy the flooring you must check for some qualities to make sure you are purchasing the right stuff. Be sure that the grade you choose in sample and the grade in the box are the same. Put a few boards together on the floor to check there is no variation in thickness and shape. Match the boards and see there must be no space left between the joints because they allow the dust to enter and it's difficult to clean.

William333
10-14-2013, 03:18 AM
Now a day it is very difficult to find the difference between quality wood floor and the cheap one. Before you buy the flooring you must check for some qualities to make sure you are purchasing the right stuff. Be sure that the grade you choose in sample and the grade in the box are the same. Put a few boards together on the floor to check there is no variation in thickness and shape. Match the boards and see there must be no space left between the joints because they allow the dust to enter and it's difficult to clean.
Are you looking for an interior designer (http://pza.com.au/our-services/)