PDA

View Full Version : A toilet seat with a deodorizing system

Edgar
12-02-2014, 03:34 PM
I have recently heard about new toilet seats that have built-in deodorizing systems.

I'm my own home handyman and I think this would be a great do-it-yourself project for me.

Do these toilet seats require any special installation instructions, and how do they work?

home improvement guy
12-02-2014, 03:47 PM
New style toilet seats with built-in deodorizing systems I have worked with install pretty much like any standard toilet seat. They also come in elongated or round-front sizes to fit most toilet bowls. Make sure you get the correct size to fit your toilet bowl.

The built-in deodorizing system is battery-operated and automatically activates when the user sits on the seat. Once activated, a small fan draws the odors from the toilet bowl into the seat's carbon filter chamber. Then the filtered air passes over a special scent pack and the treated air goes back into the room. Batteries, filters and scent packs can be easily changed when needed.

Also, the deodorizing seats I have seen feature a built-in nightlight, along with slow-closing seat technology. So when you add everything up, installing a new deodorizing toilet seat can really make a lot of scents!

9622 9624

Purefresh - Kohler's New Toilet Seat