PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel kitchen sinks

Nina
12-09-2014, 10:32 AM
I have always liked the look and practicality of stainless steel kitchen sinks.

Now that I am moving into my own home I want to change out the old sink and install a new stainless steel sink.

Since I have chosen my sink material, can you please give me some extra special tips on what to look for in a quality stainless steel sink?

home improvement guy
12-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Stainless steel sinks do offer a lot of advantages and because of the lighter weight material, installation can be a little easier.

The first tip I can give you is to look for high quality heavier-gauge models. Stay away from thinly pressed sinks that feel light and tinny. Basically, don't buy according to low price; buy according to high quality.

Now for a couple of extra nice features to look for that not every stainless steel sink may have:Sound absorption technology.

These sinks are engineered to reduce the noise from garbage disposers and dishwasher draining to help quiet your kitchen.

Scratch-resistant coating. These specially coated stainless steel sinks offer a scratch-resistant layer of protection to preserve the new look of your sink.

Because of the smooth transparent protective coating, keeping that new look is easy. Usually, just using a damp sponge can wipe away any evidence of an older looking sink.