PDA

View Full Version : Replacing range door, panel

Jay
12-11-2014, 05:13 PM
I own a Thermador 30-inch gas slide-in range (Model GSC30LV), which has an attached riser exhaust vent that lowers and rises with a control unit on the front of the oven.

Unfortunately it is white. I called Thermador, and they told me that unit is not available in stainless. I don't want to replace the unit, just the door and front panel for stainless.

Do you know if Thermador has a door and panel I can buy that will fit my unit? If not Thermador, then Bosch, which I understand owns Thermador.

I love the unit, but I just want a new stainless door and front panel.

I have looked into the stainless paper that adheres to the door, but this looks tricky, and won't it ripple when the oven is on?

home improvement guy
12-11-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure I'd put paper on a white oven door just to make it look like stainless steel.

I have not been able to find what you are looking for, either for Thermador or Bosch ranges. I assume that doors are not interchangeable, but I don't know that for sure.

If Thermador says that, no, stainless is not available, then I assume it means no and you are stuck with white until you buy another range.