PDA

View Full Version : The basics of bathroom faucets

Lowell
03-17-2015, 01:05 PM
I want a new bathroom faucet and before I go to my local home center I would like a little direction.

I plan on keeping my existing bathroom sink and I understand that all bathroom faucets are not the same.

So, I need a little help to determine what style faucet I should choose.

Could you please give me one of your famous plumbing pep talks on the basics of bathroom faucets?

home improvement guy
03-17-2015, 01:19 PM
You already have the first bit of information, bathroom faucets are not the same! Today there are many types and styles of bathroom faucets available and it can be a little confusing to choose a faucet to fit your existing sink. Consult your plumber to ensure your exact replacement type or if you have a wall-mounted faucet.

Here are some bathroom faucets basics:

The two most popular categories for three-hole bathroom sinks are widespread and centerset faucets. Widespread bathroom faucets usually feature separate components with hot and cold handles that measure between 8 to 16 inches apart. Centerset faucets are usually compact single unit deck-mounted types with hot and cold handles about 4 inches apart.

For single-hole bathroom sinks, a single-hole, single-handle faucet usually does the trick.

Final tip: Bring a photo of your existing faucet to the home center so the salesperson can get a better handle on choosing your best replacement.