PDA

View Full Version : Vessel sinks

Kevin C
06-01-2015, 09:32 AM
My wife and I are doing over our master bathroom and plan to install two vessel-style sinks in place of our double vanity.

Before we start, can you please give me some basic tips on installing vessel sinks that I should keep in mind?

home improvement guy
06-01-2015, 10:03 AM
9960Vessel sinks are a very trendy plumbing fixture in today's bathroom industry.

They bring back the style of a water basin sitting on a countertop, before the days of modern plumbing.

Good move to ask about install concerns, because I have three basic tips you should keep in mind.

1. Counter height. Many of us may overlook the obvious that since a vessel sink sits above the countertop, you may want to lower the countertop to easily use the new style. This can vary from person to person, so decide on a final counter height while in the planning stages.

2. Faucet type. Faucet choice basically gets down to one of two types: a very tall deck mount faucet that will reach over the sink rim or a wall-mounted faucet that reaches out into the sink bowl.

3. Materials. Choose your vessel sink style and material up front as well. Installation may vary on different types of vessel sinks, and you want to be prepared for your particular sink installation. I've seen vessel sinks made from metals, glass, stone and even a big seashell, suggesting you may have an ocean full of choices.