PDA

View Full Version : Water-saving kitchen faucet

Norman
09-26-2016, 01:20 PM
I am an avid home chef with a very large kitchen. I plan to install a prep sink in my island for rinsing and washing foods. Since I'm not filling large pots in this sink, I would like to install a water-saving kitchen faucet.

Can you please give me the quick rundown on a couple water-saving choices for kitchen faucets?

home improvement guy
09-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Many homeowners choose standard flow kitchen faucets for the very reason you brought up.

If you need to fill large pots, in most cases it's convenient to have a little extra water flow to fill up the pot a little faster. Plus, that water is being used for cooking, not running down the drain. But, for prep sinks where there may be more rinsing than filling, a water-saving faucet is a good choice. You want to look for a kitchen faucet that has a maximum flow rate of 1.8 gallons per minute to save some water.

A good choice for a kitchen/prep sink is a high efficiency faucet that includes touchless on/off features. This way water can be running only when hands are under the spout, giving you total hands-on control of your water-saving faucet flow.