PDA

View Full Version : Filter upgrade for kitchen plumbing

Adam K.
11-07-2016, 10:21 AM
We recently moved into a new home with completely updated kitchen plumbing.

The refrigerator has a filtered water tap that we use constantly for cups of water. I would also like to cook with filtered water, but it would not be convenient to fill pots from the refrigerator.

What can be an easy upgrade to get filtered water at my kitchen sink without disrupting my existing fixtures?

home improvement guy
11-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Nowadays, you have many options for kitchen water filters. From whole house filters to add-on faucet filters and water pitchers with built-in filters, the choices can run across the board.

Over the years I have also worked with beverage faucets. A beverage faucet is a specially designed cold water faucet that your plumber can mount next to your existing kitchen sink faucet. An easy-access water filter cartridge is also installed under the sink that provides filtered water to the tap.

With this setup, you can continue to use your kitchen faucet for your regular kitchen chores, and whenever you want filtered water, just switch to the beverage faucet.

A dedicated beverage faucet can cut down on cartridge changers as well, and that's news that's good to the last drop.