View Full Version : Choose a new faucet that fits your bathroom sink

10-31-2017, 08:22 AM
I want to install a new bathroom faucet but have been confused about what type to order.

The faucet I like is called a "widespread" faucet.

What is a widespread faucet and will it fit on my present bathroom sink?

home improvement guy
10-31-2017, 09:06 AM
Widespread bathroom sink faucets are a great choice for larger vanities and pedestal bathroom sinks. Like the name says, the faucet handles and spout are spread out a little farther from each other over a standard-type bathroom faucet. This means you need to have a widespread set up on your present sink, or you'll need to install a new sink to accommodate the faucet.

The usual widespread sink hole set up is three faucet holes that measure between 8- to 16-inches from one handle side to the other with the spout in the middle.

Bottom line: Know your sink type and style before ordering your new faucet to avoid widespread confusion!

05-16-2018, 01:12 AM
From my understanding, widespread faucets have provisions for running hot and cold water through the pipes. There are three units and occupy a part of your sink. I gotta agree with homeimprovement guy here, make sure it's feasible with your sink type and shape.

05-21-2018, 11:49 AM
I currently have the place of relaxation,, Iknow that everything in the bathroom will be like my mind