PDA

View Full Version : Save water while you shower

home improvement guy
11-07-2017, 10:12 AM
If you need to replace your old washed up showerhead, first check with your local building inspectors to find out the maximum showerhead water flow your town and/or state allows. This can vary depending on where you live, and some areas do have strict water use codes.

But, in many places standard showerheads can use 2.5 gallons per minute (gpm), and water-saving showerheads will naturally use less than that. A popular water flow choice for a high-efficiency showerhead is 1.5 gpm.

If you go that low, I recommend you look for a showerhead with air-infused technology. High efficiency air-infused showers mix air and water together to create comfortable puffed-up shower drops that in turn can help drop your shower water usage.

reynolds_ryan
05-15-2018, 05:56 AM
Informative, thanks! What's the purpose of air-infused technology?

jonlara2
05-21-2018, 03:08 PM
Thank you very much for your valuable information.If we are a bit aware then many costs will be reduced.

charliemarti99
12-02-2018, 06:25 AM
Thanks for sharing this info.
If your area has low water pressure, there are few showers which are best for lower water pressure (https://homeadvicez.com/best-shower-head-for-low-water-pressure/).

Schroeder
07-02-2019, 08:51 AM
That's just a fancy phrase for an aerated shower head. It helps in conserving water by creating the illusion of a higher flow of water.

Schroeder
07-02-2019, 08:55 AM
The same goes for when you are brushing your teeth. This is a pet peeve of mine that sets me off whenever I find anyone brushing with the tap running! Like, how could you? That's a lot of water wasted in any given week, if you think about it. It's common sense. But common sense is not common to everyone, I guess.