PDA

View Full Version : How often do you buy new furniture?

Alexandra
03-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi! I have just bought a new couch and I am very happy about it. My last couch was over 35 years old and it finally broke down. So I decided to buy a new one that was delivered two days ago. And now I hoper that the quality is good. So I would like to know haow often you buy a new piece of furniture and what is your experience about the quality.

Kyler Ronnie
03-09-2011, 01:23 AM
If I get tired of something or realize that it really isn't my style, my tastes have changed, it doesn't fit with the majority of things I have, I usually give it away, sometime sell it, sometimes donate it to charity. Furniture in good condition, even if it is a bit dated, is always useful to someone. Sometimes if it isn't a pricey item I can refresh it with a coat of paint.

I also will move items around the house and re-purpose it. A dresser may work in the dining room as a sideboard to store silver and linens, a dining chair can go in a guest room as a place to lay the day's clothing. A trunk of the right size can be a TV stand, end table or coffee table.

When i buy furniture I like to think of it as a lifetime investment. I prefer to buy better quality stuff although i have been known to rescue and renovate tired things from time to time. I'm not big on buying furniture from retail stores unless it's casual upholstery or mattresses. There are plenty of great pieces, much better constructed, in the antique shops and used furniture stores if you know where to look. I also think it is wasteful to buy new cheap furniture only to toss it after a few years - not environmentally friendly either. Buying good classic stuff to start with is more economical than constantly replacing cheap stuff.

alexus
03-09-2011, 04:08 AM
I also will move items around the house and re-purpose it. A dresser may work in the dining room as a sideboard to store silver and linens, a dining chair can go in a guest room as a place to lay the day's clothing. A trunk of the right size can be a TV stand, end table or coffee table.
(http://www.shoxtrading.com/)
(http://www.sportshoesworld.com/)

RyanLincoln
10-05-2011, 06:41 AM
We bought a new leather couch last year, the one before was also leather and had it for fourteen years, dont think they make them how they used to. My sister in law still has my mother in laws couch wich is almost as old as her, 40 years old, and still going strong

kids1er
12-17-2011, 06:18 PM
It really depends on many factors. For example, if one of the legs of the dining room table has broken, then it’s time for a replacement. Another reason could be that you want a change and you have enough disposable income to accomplish this change. Instead of replacing the sofa, for example, you can reupholster it and save money at the same time while creating a completely new look.

aleenajoe
05-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Not really it depend upon the home renovation and redesigning , sometimes when a new stylish furniture attract me then i buy it..

linchdaniel
05-18-2012, 01:20 AM
A home can feel clear without fixtures as they are one of the most important families accessory needed inside a family. A decorative fixture can blend in with the decoration of the home and add to its attractiveness. A highly developed long-lasting fixture can be a hard decision should you make your brain in selecting the fixtures.

TimNolan123
06-21-2012, 08:00 AM
I do buy new furniture almost after every few months, I actually don't wait for furniture to get rough and useless, i just keep renewing my furniture just for change and betterment of my home.

TimNolan123
06-23-2012, 10:26 AM
I do buy new furniture almost after every few months, I actually don't wait for furniture to get rough and useless, i just keep renewing my furniture just for change and betterment of my home.

retailfurnitureuk
07-19-2012, 02:02 AM
Hi,

Normally, when my furniture gets old or needs repairing, then buy new furniture. But like if i find something really nice and affordable I buy it always.

albansparrow
07-26-2012, 01:50 AM
I think it's depending on my interest and better products. However, I have been buying new furniture in every Christmas holiday. Before arriving Christmas holiday, I sell all my old and use furniture.

daisyrogers
07-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Mostly, I don't buy my furniture as soon as others do, Because in my views we should buy a furniture which is more durable and long lasting, so that we don't need to spend our money as soon or until we find the best or trendy furniture in the market.

kathiiford
08-01-2012, 12:13 AM
If you buy new furniture than many stores available for purchase the furniture. I think you have to select best furniture for decorating your home and all the products are very different for other furniture. You have to also select best brand furniture and attractive design furniture.

brodybruto
08-17-2012, 05:08 AM
I always prefer best quality's furniture because it is such a thing that can effect on our comfort and our efficiency. So, I think the task of furniture buying may be challenging for anyone.

slevapaul
09-19-2012, 02:39 AM
It completely depends on the people's interest and the requirement. But if you choose the best furniture for once, there is no need to change again and again. It looks pretty good if you choose the furniture suitable to the wall finishing.