PDA

View Full Version : Green Home Improvement

greenhome69
03-20-2011, 07:29 AM
hello,

How to plan a green home improvement (http://gonegreenhomeimprovement.com) project. Are there anyone who had done it successfully? please contribute to my list.

Thanks.

YukiL33
06-28-2011, 01:39 AM
you can use non-toxic paints when you repaint your room..

april_luv
09-15-2011, 04:07 AM
When you start planning your remodeling project try and incorporate as many green friendly ideas as you can. There are quite a few environmentally healthy options and actions you can take to help do your part with your next major home improvement project.

kelliem
11-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Even small simple changes can help to make a home greener. For example turning off lights when leaving a room, using energy saving light bulbs, using curtains to help keep the cold out are 3 easy ways to improve the greeness of your home. Not only does a green home help to protect our environment, it also will save you money!

Arrowhead321
12-19-2011, 03:52 PM
It may be pricey, but using solar panels along the roof can flesh out electricity to other home appliances.

Dublin21
12-20-2011, 12:11 PM
I like kelliem's ideas about energy efficiency tips. I might add one thing, though. It's been said that if you turn off the surge protector switch before you go to bed, you'll be cutting off around 10% of your energy bill that gets consumed even when your electronics are idle.

april_luv
01-09-2012, 10:39 PM
The best way to power your furnace and your water heater is with solar power. Solar power packages are expensive, but you don't have to buy them all at once. You can start with a converter and work your way off the grid. Each time you install a solar panel, you will eventually save money on it. Being that it is wintertime, the best solar investment may be evacuated tubes. These tubes are marvelous solar collectors that work even in cold and overcast climates.

rosalind
06-13-2012, 08:09 AM
hello,

How to plan a green home improvement (http://gonegreenhomeimprovement.com) project. Are there anyone who had done it successfully? please contribute to my list.

Thanks.

Examine what is required to be done to the work place to make the renovations. Don't entirely change the room. Carefully choose a contractor.Don't spare on ceramic tile, kitchen appliances, bathroom furnitures, or other building fabric.

brodybruto
08-17-2012, 01:37 AM
We have to must install either gas water heaters or electric water heaters to do green home improvement at our home. One of the most advantages with green home improvement is both ways are cost efficient so anyone can easily install this system in their home.

daisyrogers
06-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Many of people or home owners are looking for quick and easy green home improvements. Joining the green revolution make your home more comfortable, less costly to heat and cool.
Fluorescent bulbs cost a bit more when you buy them, but they will last years longer and use only a fraction of the energy. Weather stripping is relatively inexpensive and it is easy to install on window frames and door frames. It will reduce the amount of heat exchange by sealing up cracks or openings. :o

vikashshinge
09-06-2013, 06:23 AM
I considered it doing once.. but after consulting a contractor he didnt suggested it but other traditional colors due to its poor lifetime.

scindapsus
09-15-2013, 04:11 AM
buy furniture (http://www.melodyhome.com/) made of green material, refurnishing old furniture, buying second-hand furniture.