View RSS Feed

home improvement guy

1. How can I prevent summer mold?

Summer provides ideal conditions for mold growth in many regions of America. The combination of humidity, rainfall and tightly sealed home envelopes help mold grow out of control in a hurry. Fortunately, you can take steps to keep this problem from ever happening. Follow these tips to ensure a mold-free home for the season.

MOLD PREVENTION

Mold needs water to grow, so moisture control is your best weapon. Cooking, showering, running the dishwasher and outside air entering ...
  2. How should I pressure wash my house?

Pressure washing offers a great way to quickly blast dirt and grime from exterior surfaces like driveways and decks, quickly and efficiently freshening up the surface.

Pressure washing basically uses a water pump and electric or gasoline motor to power a high-pressure hose and sprayer to generate an extremely powerful spray. In some cases, detergents or other chemicals are used to enhance the effect.

Sometimes, the term is used interchangeably with "power washing," ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  3. How can I improve curb appeal?

You only get one chance to make a first impression, and your home's first look makes a big difference. Whether you're trying to sell your home or make a splash in the neighborhood, curb appeal plays a big role in your home's value. Here are five effective ways to boost your home's curb appeal this spring.

1. CLEAN THE EXTERIOR

The first step to achieving great curb appeal is to start with a clean hose. Power washing the exterior is a great way to remove accumulated dirt, ...
  4. How can I maintain my pool this summer?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swimming-pool-material.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	11195Before you get to splashing around and enjoying your in-ground pool this summer, ensure your family's safety and your pool's long life by engaging in proper preparation.

Then, pay attention to pool care to keep your water clean and fresh.

OPENING THE POOL FOR THE SUMMER

The first time you open the pool, take great care to get the season off to a good start.

First, remove water and debris from your pool cover. Use a ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  5. What kind of maintenance does my hardscape require?

It's easy to think of stone hardscaping as needing little or no maintenance. Patio stones, pavers, retaining walls and sidewalks are made of stout material that seems indestructible compared to wood, dirt and plants. But, the elements still take their toll on your hardscape, and this stonework will deteriorate without proper care.

The good news is hardscaping maintenance isn't difficult. Follow these steps to ensure many years of enjoyment from your outdoor stone.

REGULARLY ...
  6. How can I prepare my deck for the warm season?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deck.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	11189

An outdoor deck provides great comfort and luxury for spring and summer outdoor entertaining. But, even the most well-constructed deck needs to be well-maintained and inspected every so often. Wood decks require the most maintenance, but even composite decks need to be checked. Follow these steps to ensure a safe deck season for your family.

INSPECT YOUR DECK

At least once per year, conduct your own inspection of the deck to identify ...
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast