View RSS Feed

home improvement guy

1. How much does sewer cleaning cost?

In any home, normal wear and tear can cause the main sewer line to eventually back up. This clog can be due to normal blockages from grease and household items or outside problems like encroaching root systems. Whatever the reason, a blocked sewer line is going to cause problems. Resolving the problem should be done as quickly as possible to avoid backups and further cleanup and repair costs.

While you can purchase a number of products on the market designed to help homeowners tackle ...
  2. What do I need to know about asbestos in my home?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popcorn-ceiling.jpg 
Views:	1451 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	11333You probably don't think about asbestos exposure very often. The EPA banned its use in 1989, and after all the news articles about how asbestos causes cancer and mesothelioma, who would want to use it at all?

But the ban was removed a few years later, and while contractors virtually never use asbestos in residential applications anymore, it remains in millions of homes, especially those built before the 1970s.

Although asbestos in the home ...
  3. What’s the key to hiring a reputable locksmith?

Name:	locksmith.jpg 
Views:	928 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	11332Locksmithing may be the ultimate emergency service. Like plumbers, electricians and other home service standards, when you need a good locksmith, you need one RIGHT NOW.

But unlike those others, you may go decades without calling a locksmith for help. You probably have a go-to electrician and HVAC company ready to call, but when you're hiring in a hurry, you can easily find yourself at the mercy of the first locksmith you call.

Furthermore, ...
  4. What mistakes should I look out for when planning a remodel?

Whether it's a new addition, a kitchen remodel or major work elsewhere in your home, the path to that perfect remodel is littered with potential pitfalls. Keep a sharp eye out for these issues during your planning process, and look for a contracting professional to guide you through the process.

1. Underestimating your budget

Contractors say they see this time and again: Homeowners tend to get flustered and feel in over their heads when costs escalate and tough decisions ...
  5. How can I make my own mulch?

Name:	mulch.jpg 
Views:	7458 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	11327

Laying mulch is a great way to give your plants a natural boost to keep them beautiful and healthy. If you're up for a DIY project, making your own mulch is more simple than you might think. In addition to being easy on your wallet, making your own mulch reduces waste by recycling resources you'd normally toss in the garbage bin. Just follow this simple, five-step process.

Choose what you'll turn into mulch.

Where you live and the time ...
    Categories
    Garden, Landscaping
  6. How can I prep my deck for summer?

Warm weather, fresh air, al fresco dining – an outdoor deck is one of the best places to gather the family and enjoy all that summer has to offer. But even the most well-constructed deck needs regular inspection and maintenance. While a wood deck requires the most attention, composite decks also need care and upkeep. Here's a look at how you can prep your deck for the season and keep it in tip-top shape for years to come.

Perform a self-inspection.

Experts recommend inspecting ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast