View RSS Feed

home improvement guy

1. Water-saving tips that can help any household

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water-saving.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	10019Ripping up the lawn is the single best way to save water, but doing that can takes weeks, if not months, of consideration and planning. And then there's the cost.

Many of us are just not ready to take that step.

Here are more than 40 wallet-friendly tips for reducing your water footprint that go beyond ditching the lawn.

Some of these steps are obvious but bear repeating, like No. 25 (don't walk away while your shower heats). ...
  2. How to remove dried blood from carpet

Name:	carpet-blood.jpg 
Views:	1231 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	10014How to remove dried blood from carpet?

It's always best to deal with a blood stain before it has a chance to dry. Many times, all you have to do is dab the area with a clean cloth and cold water.

However, when blood dries, it binds to carpet fibers. If it sits awhile, it can become more deeply embedded by foot traffic.

Still, there are techniques you can try that may work to remove dried blood. The first step, say pros, is to brush ...
  3. Revitalize your outdoor spaces with paint

Name:  stain-fence.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  11.4 KB
    In a perfect world we'd all have money to build a picture-perfect outdoor living space.

The reality is a down economy with many unemployed and everyone pinching pennies.

Don't let this discourage you from creating a beautiful space outdoors to spend the summer months. The key is paint - the ultimate cover-up and game changer for your backyard.

A gallon of outdoor paint costs about $25, which is a small price to pay for sudden ...
  4. Your house can be more dangerous than you think

Name:	Danger.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	10010Soap may seem to be keeping germs at bay, but in many homes, it's doing harm.

Surprisingly, there are items lurking in most homes that are unhealthy because they're old or contain harmful ingredients.

The good news? For the most part, these things simply can be tossed to make the home healthier.

PROBLEM: OLDER FLOORING

Why it's harmful: Many people don't realize that older flooring can contain cancer-causing asbestos, ...
  5. Easy and affordable summer DIY projects

Name:	diy.jpg 
Views:	1396 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	10009Now that it's finally summer, why not get crafty and take on some easy and affordable DIY projects?

With busy weekends in mind, I have compiled a list of some of my favorite, easy and affordable DIY projects just in time for summer.

Best of all, you will have fun following the step-by-step instructions that make up each Design Recipe.

CREATE AN INSTANT WALL MURAL

While painting is an affordable and easy way to add ...
    Categories
    Home Decor
  6. Father's Day gift ideas for tool lovers

Name:  power-tools.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  38.4 KB

If you have waited to the last few weeks or so to purchase a Father's Day gift, I have a few ideas to help. From one tool lover to another, here are some of my choices for 2015:

I recently discovered a battery-operated, motion-activated spotlight that can be set up in just a few minutes, with no wires, to provide immediate security. My first thought was of campers having two, three or four of the lights set on poles to warn of trespassers or straying ...
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast