View RSS Feed

home improvement guy

1. What kind of maintenance does my hardscape require?

It's easy to think of stone hardscaping as needing little or no maintenance. Patio stones, pavers, retaining walls and sidewalks are made of stout material that seems indestructible compared to wood, dirt and plants. But, the elements still take their toll on your hardscape, and this stonework will deteriorate without proper care.

The good news is hardscaping maintenance isn't difficult. Follow these steps to ensure many years of enjoyment from your outdoor stone.

REGULARLY ...
  2. How can I prepare my deck for the warm season?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deck.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	11189

An outdoor deck provides great comfort and luxury for spring and summer outdoor entertaining. But, even the most well-constructed deck needs to be well-maintained and inspected every so often. Wood decks require the most maintenance, but even composite decks need to be checked. Follow these steps to ensure a safe deck season for your family.

INSPECT YOUR DECK

At least once per year, conduct your own inspection of the deck to identify ...
  3. How should I prepare my irrigation system for the season?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	irrigation.jpg 
Views:	7718 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	11172

If you've installed an automatic irrigation system in your lawn, you already know you've made a significant investment in your lawn's health. Protect that investment by taking the proper steps to turning it on for the first time in the season. Irrigation systems involve many small moving parts and a constant water flow, and these elements require frequent maintenance. You should perform an inspection at least twice a year – when you start up for spring and when ...
    Categories
    Garden, Landscaping