View RSS Feed

home improvement guy

1. How can I ensure my family will be safe in an emergency?

June is National Safety Month, making it an excellent time to review your family's safety systems and procedures.

Do you know how to turn off your utilities? An emergency may require you to shut down your water, electrical or gas lines in a pinch. None of these are difficult to do, but you don't want to be fumbling around to figure it out when seconds count. Learn where your home's shutoff points are, and how to access them.

PREPARE FOR HOME FIRES

At least ...
  2. How can I prevent summer mold?

Summer provides ideal conditions for mold growth in many regions of America. The combination of humidity, rainfall and tightly sealed home envelopes help mold grow out of control in a hurry. Fortunately, you can take steps to keep this problem from ever happening. Follow these tips to ensure a mold-free home for the season.

MOLD PREVENTION

Mold needs water to grow, so moisture control is your best weapon. Cooking, showering, running the dishwasher and outside air entering ...
  3. How should I pressure wash my house?

Pressure washing offers a great way to quickly blast dirt and grime from exterior surfaces like driveways and decks, quickly and efficiently freshening up the surface.

Pressure washing basically uses a water pump and electric or gasoline motor to power a high-pressure hose and sprayer to generate an extremely powerful spray. In some cases, detergents or other chemicals are used to enhance the effect.

Sometimes, the term is used interchangeably with "power washing," ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor