View RSS Feed

Patio and Outdoor

1. How should I open my pool for the summer?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pool-How_to_open.jpg 
Views:	4062 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	11420Nothing says summer fun like taking the cover off the pool and taking a cool dip. But before you start splashing around, you need to make sure your pool is safe, correctly prepared and ready to go.

A pool professional can make your pool summer-ready. It’s a good idea to hire a pro, because pool chemistry is a complex task you definitely don’t want to get wrong. For the best results throughout the season, hire a pool pro to check things out weekly or biweekly. ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  2. Upgrade your Home with a Modern Conservatory

Name:	modern conservatory.jpg 
Views:	1262 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	11375Adding a modern conservatory to your home increases the living space in a uniquely enjoyable way. A well-designed sunroom is a bright and pleasant area that gives the feel of being outdoors, combined with a controlled temperature to make it usable all-year-round.

Depending on the space you have available, it can range from a small dining or relaxing area to a full-blown extra room suitable for entertaining and daily enjoyment.

However, a sunroom ...
  3. How can I prep my deck for summer?

Warm weather, fresh air, al fresco dining – an outdoor deck is one of the best places to gather the family and enjoy all that summer has to offer. But even the most well-constructed deck needs regular inspection and maintenance. While a wood deck requires the most attention, composite decks also need care and upkeep. Here's a look at how you can prep your deck for the season and keep it in tip-top shape for years to come.

Perform a self-inspection.

Experts recommend inspecting ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  4. How should I pressure wash my house?

Pressure washing offers a great way to quickly blast dirt and grime from exterior surfaces like driveways and decks, quickly and efficiently freshening up the surface.

Pressure washing basically uses a water pump and electric or gasoline motor to power a high-pressure hose and sprayer to generate an extremely powerful spray. In some cases, detergents or other chemicals are used to enhance the effect.

Sometimes, the term is used interchangeably with "power washing," ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  5. How can I maintain my pool this summer?

Name:	swimming-pool-material.jpg 
Views:	1865 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	11195Before you get to splashing around and enjoying your in-ground pool this summer, ensure your family's safety and your pool's long life by engaging in proper preparation.

Then, pay attention to pool care to keep your water clean and fresh.

OPENING THE POOL FOR THE SUMMER

The first time you open the pool, take great care to get the season off to a good start.

First, remove water and debris from your pool cover. Use a ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  6. Before you dive into a saltwater pool for your home

Name:  salt-swimming-pool.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  39.0 KB

As saltwater pool systems become more prevalent - industry experts say about half of all new pool installations feature saltwater systems - homeowners are curious about their advantages, disadvantages and, most important, how much they cost.

Whether you're building a new pool (which averages $50,000 for a concrete, shotcrete or gunite pool) or converting a standard chlorinated pool, it will cost between $1,500 and $2,500 for the saltwater chlorination ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor