View RSS Feed

Home Decor

1. How can I prevent a fire during the holidays?

Twinkling lights, a crackling fireplace, home-cooked meals with your favorite family and friends – there’s a lot to love about Thanksgiving and the holiday season. There are also precautions to take and necessary maintenance needed to keep you and your home safe, whether you’re playing host or spending some time away.

Careful cooking

The kitchen is the heart of the house. It’s also where home fires are most likely to start, according to the American Red Cross. There are ...
  2. How can I stay safe when decorating for the holidays?

Once the extended family boards their flights and all the cooking equipment gets put away after Thanksgiving, it's time to turn your thoughts to holiday decorating. But while you're decking the halls and making merry, take steps to ensure safety for yourself and your family.

LADDER AND TREE SAFETY

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, decorating mishaps send nearly 15,000 people to the emergency room each year.

Almost half of those ER visits ...
  3. Easy and affordable summer DIY projects

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diy.jpg 
Views:	1382 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	10009Now that it's finally summer, why not get crafty and take on some easy and affordable DIY projects?

With busy weekends in mind, I have compiled a list of some of my favorite, easy and affordable DIY projects just in time for summer.

Best of all, you will have fun following the step-by-step instructions that make up each Design Recipe.

CREATE AN INSTANT WALL MURAL

While painting is an affordable and easy way to add ...
    Categories
    Home Decor