View RSS Feed

Patio and Outdoor

1. Spanish Style Classic Patios

Name:  spanish1.jpg
Views: 22713
Size:  50.2 KB

What do Andalusian, Mexican or any Spanish-inspired house usually have in common? A patio.

Aside from colorful ceramics and tiles with earthy terracotta, Spanish-style houses will not be complete without a patio. Actually, the term patio itself is of Spanish origin referring to a courtyard. For the Spaniards, a patio is an outdoor space used for dining and recreation, generally as a common point between the residence and its garden.
    Tags: patio
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  2. How to repair your hammock swing

Name:  hammock.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  22.0 KB

If you love to hang out in the comfort of the great outdoors, and read while the leaves of the trees shade your eyes from the sun’s glare, then a hammock is a perfect addition to your outdoor furniture.

A hammock is typically a sling built from fabric, woven rope or netting, made to be suspended between two points. More often than not, it is used for leisure activities such as resting or sleeping. Being an outdoor fixture, a hammock is subject ...
  3. 15 Amazing Outdoor Furniture Design Ideas

Like any privileged homeowner, I enjoy being able to get out of the confines of my house without having to actually leave it. Breathing in the fresh air, taking in some sunshine, and just admiring the beauty of my surroundings within my property are some of the little things I take for granted.

Part of being able to appreciate all that is having the right set of outdoor furniture. What I have is good but I thought to myself that I could do better. So I did my research and found 15 ...
  4. 7 ways to create an inviting deck or patio

Name:  180.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  23.3 KB

Think of your deck or patio as an extension of your home. A comfortable outdoor space that acts like a magnet to pull you outside to read the morning paper, curl up with a favorite book or relax with the setting sun.

1. An outdoor copper thermometer and clock or decorative wall sconces with candles that cast a warm, inviting atmosphere at night make good accessories for outdoor rooms.

2. The most colorful and versatile ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  5. Keep outdoor furniture in good condition with these cleaning tips

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11073377-large.jpg 
Views:	664 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	2533

If you haven’t already done so, no doubt you’ll soon be digging out your backyard chairs, tables and umbrellas in order to enjoy the warm days of summer from the comfort of your home.

But setting up your patio furniture and maintaining it are two different things. How can you ensure your nice furniture stays in tip-top condition?

Relax. With just a little bit of effort — and some tips from Kelli Gehman, a sales representative ...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123