View RSS Feed

Olga

1. 15 Amazing Outdoor Furniture Design Ideas

Like any privileged homeowner, I enjoy being able to get out of the confines of my house without having to actually leave it. Breathing in the fresh air, taking in some sunshine, and just admiring the beauty of my surroundings within my property are some of the little things I take for granted.

Part of being able to appreciate all that is having the right set of outdoor furniture. What I have is good but I thought to myself that I could do better. So I did my research and found 15 ...
  2. Choose Your Own Adventure, Furniture Edition

Name:  saw3.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  25.3 KB

Measure twice, cut once, the old saying goes. But if you’re in a hurry, designer Pål Rodenius saves you the tape and the time with these pre-measured patterns for plywood furniture.

His project is called “2440×1220, Saw, Assemble,” and it’s basically a DIY furniture choose-your-own-adventure. The project’s base is a sheet of plywood covered with a giant sticker of color-coded lines. Follow the right ones with your trusty band saw, and you’ll ...
    Categories
    Furniture
  3. 7 ways to create an inviting deck or patio

Name:  180.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  23.3 KB

Think of your deck or patio as an extension of your home. A comfortable outdoor space that acts like a magnet to pull you outside to read the morning paper, curl up with a favorite book or relax with the setting sun.

1. An outdoor copper thermometer and clock or decorative wall sconces with candles that cast a warm, inviting atmosphere at night make good accessories for outdoor rooms.

2. The most colorful and versatile ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  4. Furniture Maintenance: Leather

Name:  ny-espresso-leather.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  43.3 KB

Leather is and always has been the king of furniture upholstery material. Durable, easy on the eye and comfortable... However, unkept leather can quickly turn your interior’s exclusive look into a ‘cheap nightclub’ feeling. If you want your leather furniture to keep its perfect condition for years, you have to maintain it from the very first day. Leather furniture is low-maintenance, not no-maintenance!

As soon as you get your new piece of leather ...
    Categories
    Furniture
  5. The Ideal Bedroom: Living a life of luxury every night

Name:  tiffany-bedroom-set.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  29.2 KB

Your bedroom is the place where you spend most of your life. Naturally, as such, it should be a haven of comfort and relaxation. If you want to save some money on furniture, leave the bedroom as the last option.

Always think about the space. Your bedroom shouldn’t be cramped with furniture and electronic appliances. The centre of this private universe is the bed. It’s the most important piece and all other are subordinate. Don’t hesitate to ...
    Tags: bedroom
    Categories
    Bedroom
  6. What is Rattan and Wicker?

Name:  accessories_00094.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  48.0 KB

Rattan is a vine that grows mainly in Southeast Asia. Known for its incredible strength, Rattan is still used in the construction of many suspension bridges throughout the world. Rattan’s natural beauty and strength has inspired craftsmen for centuries to make intricately designed furniture from it.

Wicker means "to weave", or "woven." The main wood used to weave wicker comes from the center of the Rattan pole, which is ...
    Categories
    Furniture
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast