View RSS Feed

Olga

1. How can I get rid of spring or summer bugs and pests?

Spring and summer are prime time for pests. When they come out after sheltering for the winter, it can be an overwhelming sight! Getting rid of bugs can be challenging, but fortunately, you can take a number of steps right now to prevent ants, roaches, rodents and other pests from invading your living space this year.

1. Maintain proper kitchen hygiene

Nothing attracts pests as efficiently as the smell of free food. When you leave food out or bags, boxes or Tupperware unopened, ...
  2. What should I look for in a housecleaning service?

With the advent of spring after a long and difficult winter, it’s time to think about a deep housecleaning. You can certainly handle it yourself, but by hiring a professional cleaner, you’re giving back to yourself the gift of time to spend on family, friends, hobbies — anything other than scrubbing every inch of your home!

One of your first decisions when hiring a cleaning pro is whether to go with a company or a solo cleaner. Each comes with their own pros and cons.

Cleaning ...
  3. These are the 7 dirtiest places in your kitchen

Your imagination can run wild thinking of the bacteria lurking in your home. But people tend to look in the wrong direction when it comes to fighting germs in the kitchen. Disinfect these seven germ sanctuaries as soon as possible.

Refrigerator

Your refrigerator harbors bacteria in some surprising places. Ice and water dispensers, vegetable crispers, meat drawers and door seals are some of the germiest spots.

To do: Use a disinfectant when you clean the fridge, ...
  4. Planning a kitchen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KitchenScavolini.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	11362One of the best values in updating an older home is a kitchen remodel. People walking in to a home for the first time automatically gravitate to the kitchen. It is the area of highest “fit and finish” in the home, and it is the most expensive room in the house per square foot. Whether you plan to stay in the home or your desire is to sell, there are a few things to keep in mind during the planning phase.

Kitchens are as much a gathering place as they are ...
    Categories
    Kitchen
  5. How should I plan my kitchen remodel?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	europlak_Evoluzione3_28.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	11358Your kitchen is the heart and hearth of your home, and that makes remodeling it one of the most rewarding — and intimidating — projects you'll take on as a homeowner. Fortunately, with an educated approach and a little help from qualified professionals, you can easily make your kitchen dreams a reality.

Proper planning is the key to a successful kitchen remodel, regardless of the job's size. These questions will help you organize your thoughts and identify ...
    Categories
    Kitchen
  6. How can I transform unused space?

With winter coming on and a year where you've probably been inside more than usual, it's an ideal time to rethink how you use your existing space. You can find many uses for those areas of your home that may have gone to waste until now. Combat cabin fever with these relatively simple home upgrades.

As an added bonus, contractors who do this kind of work are in the middle of their slow periods, which means you can often hire quickly and get a good deal on materials and labor.
Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast