View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. How can I control late summer pests?

Summer means barbecues, hikes and some all-around fun in the sun, but the season also invites a host of pesky pests ready to crash your summertime soirees. Summer also brings about prime breeding time for some of the most annoying bugs, such as ants, mosquitoes, ticks and stinging insects. Here are some tips to keep the biggest party crashers away all season.

GETTING RID OF BUGS

Those summer picnics, outdoor barbeques and happy family events usually mean lots of food going ...
    Categories
    Pest Control
  2. What options can improve my HVAC system?

September is an excellent time to take stock of your HVAC system before the cool season begins in earnest. If nothing else, you should change your filters and hire a pro to inspect and tune up your system, at a cost of around $80 to $100, before turning your heater on.

However, if you're ready to make a big investment, this is also a good time to think about upgrading your system with zoned, multistage or smart systems. These improvements make a big difference in energy efficiency and ...
    Categories
    HVAC
  3. How can I protect my electronics from surges?

Every day, power surges wipe out TVs, video games, phones, appliances and other electronic devices. Power surges have been around as long as electricity in homes, but they've become more of a concern in recent years, thanks to our increased use of electronics. Low-power devices with sensitive circuit boards, such as tablets or smartphones, are more vulnerable to a power surge than larger devices such as appliances. Here's how you can protect your electronics:

WHAT IS A SURGE?
  4. How to glam up your closet

Closets come in all shapes and sizes, but regardless of the size you are going to want to maximize space and organization. Closets should be considered in the planning of a home, similar to a room. The best place to start is with a floor plan and a clear understanding of how you want the closet to be used. Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your closets.

1. Consider using a professional closet company. These companies have experts in maximizing every inch of usable space. ...
    Categories
    Bedroom
  5. How can I refresh my home without breaking the bank?

Every home can use a bit of TLC every now and then, but spiffing it up doesn't need to break the bank! Projects as simple as a quick power wash or paint touch-up can make a big improvement in the appearance of your home. If you're looking to make some simple improvements, try these quick and easy upgrades – they'll refresh your place without putting a strain on your wallet.

Tidy up

Give your home its sparkle back with a quick scrubbing! Tackle areas you don't normally clean ...
  6. How can I keep warm without using my heater?

As the temperature drops (and keeps dropping!) in the weeks to come, it might feel like time to turn on your heating system and switch the thermostat to warm things up. But heating your home can be an energy-guzzler. Here are a few steps to help endure the cold that don’t involve just putting on a sweater or bumping the temperature up a few degrees. Save energy and increase comfort with these tips.

Set your ceiling fan to run in reverse. There should be a switch on the body of the fan ...
Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast