View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. How much does it cost to install a pond?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koi-pond.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	11338Few home luxuries beat the tranquility and beauty of a man-made pond in your yard. The cost to build an artificial pond averages $3,100. Most jobs range between $1,200 and $9,000.

The cost of homemade ponds varies by the type. For example, koi ponds and swimming lakes require different materials to function correctly. The least expensive style is the small garden pond for $50 and up, while bodies of water with practical functions like fishing cost much more. ...
    Categories
    Garden, Landscaping
  2. How can I start my own garden?

As you see flowers and vegetable gardens beginning to grow around your neighborhood, you may feel inspired to start a garden of your own. After all, there are lots of benefits to having a garden improved curb appeal and fresh veggies, to name a few. And caring for a garden is also a nice way to pass the time on summer evenings and weekends. Whether you're new to gardening or coming back to a long-adored hobby, these expert tips will help you get your new garden started.

Do your research. ...
    Categories
    Garden, Landscaping
  3. How can I make my own mulch?

Name:	mulch.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	11327

Laying mulch is a great way to give your plants a natural boost to keep them beautiful and healthy. If you're up for a DIY project, making your own mulch is more simple than you might think. In addition to being easy on your wallet, making your own mulch reduces waste by recycling resources you'd normally toss in the garbage bin. Just follow this simple, five-step process.

Choose what you'll turn into mulch.

Where you live and the time ...
    Categories
    Garden, Landscaping
  4. Should I install outdoor lighting?

Name:	outdoor_lighting.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	11222Just as you rely on a well-designed lighting plan inside your home, you should pay careful attention to how you illuminate the exterior. Outdoor lighting can ensure your family's safety, improve home security and enhance how you use the space.

DECORATIVE LIGHTING

Judicious use of outdoor decorative lights gives your home character. They can be used to highlight flower gardens, decorative architectural components and landscaping. Small, low-voltage ...
  5. 7 Easy Steps to Breathtaking Flower Arrangements

Regardless of the season, a beautiful way to brighten a room and revive your mood is by decorating with flowers. Bring spring moods into autumn and winter with a plant option that will never wither away.

Coming in a wide array of colours and styles, artificial flowers brighten the home and last a lifetime with a fraction of the effort their live counterparts require. Feature beautiful flowers in your home year-round with these tips.

Name:  rose-3063284_1280.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  57.5 KB

6. How should I prepare my irrigation system for the season?

Name:	irrigation.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	11172

If you've installed an automatic irrigation system in your lawn, you already know you've made a significant investment in your lawn's health. Protect that investment by taking the proper steps to turning it on for the first time in the season. Irrigation systems involve many small moving parts and a constant water flow, and these elements require frequent maintenance. You should perform an inspection at least twice a year when you start up for spring and when ...
    Categories
    Garden, Landscaping
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast