View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. How much does interior painting cost?

A fresh coat of paint can go a long way in transforming your space – and what better time to start than heading into a new year? Here's what you need to know to set your budget and complete a job well done.

Getting started

Painting the interior of a 2,000-square-foot house costs between $1,900 and $7,800. Wall height, designer paint and regional differences all play into the final price point, so be sure to communicate with your painting pro about your budget.
  2. 10 tips to get organized

Clear the clutter! More than ever before, people are opting for minimalism instead of overstuffed and cluttered homes. From items purchased on a vacation to treasured mementos and those that have been gifted, the accumulation of items may be what is standing in the way of you creating a more organized home.

Closets should be organized and not just used for storage, ditto for kitchen pantry areas and shelving. Bookcases can become organized showcases for home decor.

Here ...
  3. How can I keep a new baby safe in my home?

If you're welcoming a new baby to the family, you may be wondering what you can do to keep the little one safe at home. Whether this is your first baby or your fifth grandchild, there are lots of things you can do to keep your family's pride and joy happy and healthy as they grow.

Test for toxins

When was the last time you tested the air quality in your home? You may have locked up harmful cleaning chemicals, but you should also test for levels of mold, radon, lead and ...
  4. How can I boost productivity in my home office?

Working remotely has its perks, but it can also present unique challenges to stay on task and move full steam ahead. If you feel held back from reaching your potential on the job, consider upgrading hidden components of your home office to increase productivity and put your best foot forward.

Plants

Fresh foliage does more than brighten things up in your workspace. In addition to oxygenating the air, multiple studies have found that natural additions to a room positively ...
  5. How can I prevent a fire during the holidays?

Twinkling lights, a crackling fireplace, home-cooked meals with your favorite family and friends – there’s a lot to love about Thanksgiving and the holiday season. There are also precautions to take and necessary maintenance needed to keep you and your home safe, whether you’re playing host or spending some time away.

Careful cooking

The kitchen is the heart of the house. It’s also where home fires are most likely to start, according to the American Red Cross. There are ...
  6. How to Clean a Fabric Couch?

Fabric couches take lots of abuse from eating meals in your family room or watching your favorite TV show; your fabric couch captures more cooking odors, body oils, and dust. Fabric couches are very hard to clean. You can’t wash your fabric couches in the washing machine. So don’t let stubbing stains and spills destroy sofa’s style, just follow these easy steps on how to clean your fabric couch easily and safely.

Clean Your Fabric Couch Regularly

It is advisable to clean ...