View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. How can I keep warm without using my heater?

As the temperature drops (and keeps dropping!) in the weeks to come, it might feel like time to turn on your heating system and switch the thermostat to warm things up. But heating your home can be an energy-guzzler. Here are a few steps to help endure the cold that donít involve just putting on a sweater or bumping the temperature up a few degrees. Save energy and increase comfort with these tips.

Set your ceiling fan to run in reverse. There should be a switch on the body of the fan ...
  2. What options can improve my HVAC system?

September is an excellent time to take stock of your HVAC system before the cool season begins in earnest. If nothing else, you should change your filters and hire a pro to inspect and tune up your system, at a cost of around $80 to $100, before turning your heater on.

However, if you're ready to make a big investment, this is also a good time to think about upgrading your system with zoned, multistage or smart systems. These improvements make a big difference in energy efficiency and ...
    Categories
    HVAC
  3. Air Duct Cleaning Services; Are They Worth?

Some homeowners get surprised when they go to their homes, and there is a lot of debris and dust covering the floor, furniture, and any visible surface. The next thing that rings in their head are the source of all those contaminants, and the best way to eliminate them and ensure that it doesn't come back. Well, there is the only way of achieving this and is by working with the right air duct cleaning services provider.

Dirty ductwork is the main problem in many homes. However, because ...
    Categories
    HVAC
  4. How can I protect my home against carbon monoxide?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carbon-monoxide.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	11121
    Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that can be easily generated by many home appliances. Although it presents a danger any time of year, it is a particular concern during colder months, when families run furnaces and heaters more frequently.

Carbon monoxide poses significant risks inside the home. Symptoms include headaches, dizziness, upset stomach and confusion. Too much carbon monoxide can be fatal. Every year, it sends more than 20,000 ...
    Categories
    HVAC
  5. How Not To Ignore Going Solar In 2019

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	How Not To Ignore Going Solar In 2019.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	11084Millions of Americans are suffering with higher electricity bills. Installing a solar system would be a great idea but have not yet made up their mind.

Well, itís very important to consider getting a solar system in the New Year so you donít stop missing the tremendous benefits of this renewable energy.

For your next home improvement project, installing solar panels should be on top of your list. Read on to discover how not to ignore going ...
    Categories
    HVAC
  6. How to tell your conditioner needs repair

For an inexperienced homeowner, it might be difficult to tell when your air conditioning system isnít working properly. However, someone who has used the system for a while will notice when there is a problem and when there is a need for repair. Other times you realize that something funny with the air-conditioning unit but put off for a later date. This can be dangerous in that there are problems if not arrested immediately could lead to an entire system breakdown- thus you cannot afford to close ...
    Categories
    HVAC
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast