View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Modern Shaker Furniture: An Oxymoron?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6a00d83452272669e20167603668d8970b-300wi.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	1827Shaker Furniture conjures up images of traditional New England style tables, chairs and bedroom furniture designed way back in the late 1700s by members of the The United Society of Believers in Christ’s Second Appearing, otherwise known as the Shakers. It's really the only style of furniture that's widely agreed upon as quintessentially American and it's changed only in subtle ways over the last few hundred years.

Vermont furniture makers are perhaps ...
    Categories
    Furniture
  2. Restaurant Furniture for the New Year

Name:  Fashion-Seating-January-3rd-Blog-300x182.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  16.2 KB

The New Year is the perfect occasion to plan the update of your eatery. Changing its interior can revitalize the entire restaurant and its atmosphere. Updating your establishment’s restaurant furniture is a very affordable and efficient way of enhancing your restaurant’s appeal.

Customers do not want to sit on dingy, dirty-looking commercial furniture that may incorrectly give the impression that your restaurant is unclean. Fresh, well-made furniture ...
    Categories
    Furniture
  3. Research Commercial Furniture and O Design Aspects Before Opening a New Restaurant

Name:  Fashion-Seating-December-19th-Blog-Post-300x273.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  17.0 KB

One of the most important elements of creating a successful restaurant is to have a welcoming interior design. Successful restaurant interior design involves several elements such as the appropriate commercial furniture, artwork, lighting, etc. Your eatery’s aesthetic will affect your clientele and influence whether customers return.

The first step is to determine the type of space in which your patrons want to eat. You will need to do some research ...
    Categories
    Furniture
  4. How the rocking chairs are made

Once I have determined the type and color of wood or woods that I need for a rocking chair I set out to find just the right matched boards. It is essential that boards be matched for grain and color to achieve the product I make. Sometimes I have the wood you would like in stock, at others, I must travel out of state and closer to timber coutnry to find the exact wood. Having found the right wood for your rocking chair I begin the process of laying out how the various boards will work together to ...
    Categories
    Chairs
  5. ROCKING CHAIRS by Parker Converse

Name:	rockingchair009_f.jpg 
Views:	910 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	1796Making rocking chairs is one of the most satisfying things I've ever done. For me it is the pinnacle of woodworking as virtually every piece is curved or sculpted. Unlike most of my earlier work that was in straight planes like tables and cabinetry designed to place flat bottomed items in or on, good rocking chairs are designed to accomodate an exceptionally complex object, ie. the human body. Further complicating this issue is that every body, is different. When I first ...
    Categories
    Chairs
  6. Naked Aspen Designs

Name:	aspenTreeWithSun.jpg 
Views:	923 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	1787Naked Aspen Designs furniture is crafted with exceptional quality that is often defined as "Rustic-Perfection." As an artist, Rob Peeters, owner and designer, takes great pride in creating beautiful heirloom quality furniture that will last for many generations. Every item is guaranteed for life from any craftsmanship or integrity defects.

The process starts in the forest where Rob hand picks ...