View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. How can I clean the air in my home?

Whether you live in an expansive estate or a cozy cottage, there are proactive ways to ensure the air in your home stays healthy year-round. Here's a look at how to recognize and address common indoor air pollutants.

Tackle mold head-on

A leaky window, a drip beneath the sink or a humid climate can all trigger a mold problem in your house, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It's common for people to have an allergic reaction to mold, and it can also ...
  2. Do I need to repair my gutters?

Name:  Gutter.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  19.9 KB

Gutters serve the important function of diverting water away from your home, preventing costly damage and keeping your siding and foundation in good working order. With regular maintenance, gutters can last for many years. But if they're beginning to show signs of wear, it may be time to repair or replace them. These are a few things to look out for.

ARE YOUR GUTTERS SAGGING?

If you see your gutters leaning or pulling away from your house, ...
  3. How can I perk up my porch?

Whether your porch is a place to have a cup of coffee, watch your kids play, or dine alfresco on a nice summer evening, it's probably not the first place you think of when considering home repairs and upgrades. But there are several budget-friendly improvements that can make your porch a place to enjoy throughout the year.

Update small details.

Do you notice wobbly railings or faded paint on columns and trim? For a cleaner, more stylish space, consider tightening screws, ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  4. How can I get the most out of my household appliances?

Appliances lend a helping hand with everything from fresh laundry to a home-cooked meal. For how much we lean on them, it's easy to forget that our dishwashers, refrigerators, HVAC systems and washing machines need regular care and maintenance to do their jobs well. Whether your appliances are working overtime or you just use them occasionally, these tips can help you stay ahead of unexpected issues and extend their overall life.

1. Load your washing machine correctly.

Categories
    Kitchen
  5. How can I prep my deck for summer?

Warm weather, fresh air, al fresco dining – an outdoor deck is one of the best places to gather the family and enjoy all that summer has to offer. But even the most well-constructed deck needs regular inspection and maintenance. While a wood deck requires the most attention, composite decks also need care and upkeep. Here's a look at how you can prep your deck for the season and keep it in tip-top shape for years to come.

Perform a self-inspection.

Experts recommend inspecting ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  6. How can I make my own mulch?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mulch.jpg 
Views:	7544 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	11327

Laying mulch is a great way to give your plants a natural boost to keep them beautiful and healthy. If you're up for a DIY project, making your own mulch is more simple than you might think. In addition to being easy on your wallet, making your own mulch reduces waste by recycling resources you'd normally toss in the garbage bin. Just follow this simple, five-step process.

Choose what you'll turn into mulch.

Where you live and the time ...
    Categories
    Garden, Landscaping
Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast