View RSS Feed

Woodworking

1. The Serpentine Wall

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	serpentine-wall-view-2.jpg 
Views:	929 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	2287

I am working with two amazing clients in Chicago to design several art pieces, including an entire two-story wall of…get this…climbable shelving, a custom curving stair railing, a modular vanity base unit, and two sliding doors.

One of the doors runs on a curved wall, so it will be curved. Both doors will incorporate multi-colored cast glass art pieces that I will design and create.

The entire two-story wall (pictured) has shelving ...
  2. Info about Wood Species Used in Unfinished Furniture from your favorite Manchester Co

How do Hardwoods and Softwoods differ?
    They look different. Some are smooth, some have bold grain and some have knots or bird eyes. They finish differently. The density of the various woods change the depth and tone of the color. The region where the furniture is made, the style, and the historical period of the piece determine the wood used.
    Hardwoods:
    Hardwoods are deciduous, the botanical group of trees that have broad leaves, produce a fruit or nut, and generally ...

Updated 12-16-2011 at 01:42 PM by Pinewood Furniture

Categories
    Woodworking
  3. MecStop

Mec-Inov inc.
    info@mec-inov.com

The “MecStop”: an essential tool for the automation of your equipments

The MecStop achieves fast and accurate measurements for the positioning of your pieces. The stopper is available in several sizes with a displacement ranging from 3 to 28 feet. Its high accuracy (0.004 inches) and speed of movement (up to 130 in. / sec) improve production times. It is composed of a pusher and an effective automate. The system adapts to all types ...
  4. Simply Amish

The Simply Amish story begins in the 1970s, an era when bellbottoms and short shorts could be spotted just about everywhere. Except in good Amish homes where, ironically, the children were finally thanking their parents for not letting them dress like everybody else. Across the nation, a new age of convenience had arrived.

Microwave ovens were becoming commonplace. ...
    Categories
    Furniture , Woodworking
  5. Steven White

I have been building things out of wood all my life. From tree houses and boats as a boy amid the woods of Pennsylvania, I moved on to framing houses during summers in high school and college. A degree in Mechanical Engineering (University of New Mexico, 1978) led to a short career designing wind tunnels at NASA's Ames Research Center in Mountain View, CA.

By 1981 the lure of making things of my own design had me back in the building business, this time ...
    Categories
    Furniture , Woodworking
  6. Kindel Furniture: A history of patents and fine furnishings

The roots for Kindel began in 1901 when Charles J. Kindel founded the Denver Bedding Company which allowed him to utilize his mattress stuffing machine invented in 1900. In 1904 he sold the company and purchased the Evansville Smith Bedding Company in St. Louis and renamed it the CJ Kindel Bedding Company.

Kindel had numerous patents on convertible beds or davenport beds which firmly set his foundation in the furniture business. By 1911, with plants in New York, Toronto and ...
    Categories
    Furniture , Woodworking
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast