View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Benefits of Hiring a Professional Designer for Your Bar or Restaurant

When you make the choice to open your own bar or restaurant, you will probably want to handle all elements of the process. You want the bar or restaurant to look exactly as you pictured it in your mind.

Unfortunately, that will rarely happen due to the restriction the space will impose on you and also due to your lack of expertise in designing such spaces.

Therefore, a professional designer will very much come in handy when you are in the design stage of establishing ...
  2. Home improvement, construction issues top list of worst complaints in 2018

Problems with home improvement and new-home construction topped the list of worst complaints received last year, according to a new report from the Consumer Federation of America.

The 2018 Consumer Complaint Survey Report looked at information related to 1.1 million complaints from agencies in 21 states. Home improvement and construction issues generated the second-most complaints in 2018, behind trouble related to vehicles.

The CFA asked the 35 state and local consumer ...
  3. How can I protect my home from burglary during vacation?

Home burglaries usually peak in late summer, when people are often away from home enjoying the outdoors or off on an extended vacation. But you can take some steps to protect your home and peace of mind while you're away.

HOME SECURITY SYSTEMS

If you don't already have a home security system, you can install one to warn you of intruders. The days of hardwired landlines are long gone; many security systems work with cellphones or internet connections. You can also link an ...
  4. Should I repair or replace my roof?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	residential_roofing.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	11227

Your roof is one of the single biggest investments in your home's infrastructure, and it plays a vital role in the rest of the house's well-being. This means the decision to repair or replace it needs to be taken very seriously.

QUESTIONS TO ASK A ROOFING INSPECTOR

Roof damage can create expensive problems in a hurry. Water intrusion or obvious gaps in the attic are a major warning sign. Buckled shingles and damaged flashing could alert ...
  5. Should I get gutter guards?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gutter-guards.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	11224If you're sick and tired of climbing a ladder to scoop leaves out of gutters, gutter guards and covers may be an answer. However, they're not a replacement for regular gutter cleaning.

Gutter guards and covers are essentially designed to act as a filter over your gutters in an attempt to block debris from entering your gutter without inhibiting the gutter's ability to draw water away from the roof.

Although these additions are often advertised ...
  6. Tips for Effectively Dealing with Roof Issues on Your Own

Having a good roof is essential for your whole house and you must take proper care of it. In case your roof is brand new, you will need to do some regular maintenance to keep it in great shape but if itís a bit older, you might be experiencing issues more often. If this is something you have to deal with on a regular basis, calling in an expert every time can be quite pricey. Luckily for you, there are some things you can do on your own that will help you deal with those roof problems and save you ...
Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast