View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Spring cleaning checklist: Hire it out or DIY?

If you're like most homeowners, your home maintenance to-do list is longest during the spring. Over the course of a few short weeks, you need to clean house, get organized and tend to any essential maintenance issues that resulted from winter's harsh weather.

Chances are, you can't get to everything on the list yourself, which is where the pros come in. But which projects should you hire out and which should you tackle yourself?

HIRE IT OUT

DEEP CLEAN CARPETS ...
  2. How do I prepare my home for spring?

With the change of seasons, it's time to update your home task list and get ready for spring. Don't overlook basic maintenance during your preparations. These tasks may be among the least glamorous, but they're crucial to keeping your home in tip-top shape.

Get an HVAC inspection: You should hire a professional to assess your HVAC system twice a year – shortly before you begin to use heating in fall, and again when you begin to use air conditioning in spring. A thorough inspection will ...
  3. Uneven Concrete | What Solutions Are Available For Repairing It?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-1429963357583-999c3121a8ce.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	11151Having uneven concrete will not only be an “eyesore”, but a potentially dangerous situation. However, it is something you cannot deal with without the right knowledge and advice on concrete leveling or concrete repair from experts.

When you have uneven concrete, you may opt to cover it up or repair it… we suggest repairing it. The problem with covering the uneven concrete is that the solution is just temporary. Repairing the uneven concrete gives the concrete ...
  4. These are the hottest trends in decor right now

Name:	Outline-Chaise-longue.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	11147

What's hot? What's current? What's now? When it comes to interior design trends, the answer is some timeless trends as well as a number of new ones. Curious? We've compiled a list and style guide.

1. Pastel. No longer considered feminine or old fashioned, pastel color palettes are both current and soothing.

2. Mirrors. Looking for a budget alternative to artwork? Consider mirrors. Hang them in groupings for an impactful look.
    Categories
    Home Decor
  5. How can I improve my laundry process?

Name:	laundry.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	11148

Whether you're digging out from winter, converting to warmer weather clothing or planning spring cleaning, you may be doing quite a bit of laundry soon. And while you may have a tried-and-true method for your laundry room workflow, consider these tips and hacks to improve your process and make your clothes cleaner and fresher!

A place for everything: Use bins and baskets to keep each item in its designated area. This really comes in handy if you have ...
    Categories
    Living
  6. The art of the vignette

Name:	240_F_197770562_uAm0lCmaVI0Y4FBHwUC3SKy1MKBT8qGt.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	11145Vignettes help tell the story of your design, and are one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to change up the look and feel of a room without a significant investment in repainting or new furniture. Vignettes can introduce new colors and textures to a room, and are creative and fun ways for you to highlight some of your favorite pieces.

While I firmly believe that there is no "wrong" way to style a vignette, we've come up with a few tips ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 317 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast