View RSS Feed

Fireplaces

1. Home Heating Tips : Electric Heaters With It’s Popular Types

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	getDynamicImage.aspx?q=100&width=225&height=246&path=013975_PHHO15_SQ_01.jpg 
Views:	1056 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	10567Though I like winter days, this time cool breeze makes me shiver all the time. Now, I need some warmness because due to this snowy weather, I am not even able to speak anything. My jaws are shivering and I can’t speak properly. Does all this happens to you too right now? As its snow time. People love snowy days but the continuous chilled weather makes anyone wander getting coziness from somewhere.

One solution to get warmth is, to invest in an effective ...
    Categories
    Fireplaces
  2. How To Choose An Ideal Gas Heater For Outdoor Entertaining

Until now, the two words ‘winter’ and ‘outdoor entertaining’ didn’t used to go together. But, with just a few touches, you can convert your outdoor entertaining into a comfortable and inviting space no matter whatever the weather.

When it’s the matter about finding the perfect outdoor heater, choosing from the sheer variety available can be bit of daunting. But, if you do your homework correctly, finding the ideal one for your house will be breeze.

Questions To Ask Before ...
    Categories
    Fireplaces
  3. How To Redo a Marble Fireplace?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marblemaison%20.jpg 
Views:	800 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	10494A marble fireplace can be an elegant addition to any home. When the marble becomes discolored, cracked or outdated, then you would require to redo it to make it look like before.

There are several methods to redo a marble fireplace, depending on how much money, time and effort you want to put into it.

1)Tile over tile

- Use new tile over the old if your marble fireplace is made of tiles.
    - Install new marble or use another ...
  4. Are ventless fireplaces safe?

Name:  ventless-fireplace-2.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  29.4 KB

If you plan to use a ventless fireplace to save money, make sure you consider the safety concerns.

Some service providers say unvented fireplaces burn more efficiently than their vented gas-powered counterparts and cost less to install. Other providers and organizations contend that ventless fireplaces are unsafe or otherwise undesirable.

The National Association of Certified Home Inspectors warns that these fireplaces necessarily vent ...
    Categories
    Fireplaces
  5. Decorating with Wood Burning Stoves

Name:  wood-burning-stove.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  21.5 KB

Stoves, particularly the wood burning variety have become increasingly popular of late and it is not hard to see why. They are up to 90% efficient (compare that to a traditional coal burning fire at just 20%) and use wood, a renewable fuel source, to generate their heat. There are even those equipped with back burners from which you can heat a small house and generate hot water.

Fitting a stove

For most models of stove it is not even ...
    Categories
    Fireplaces
  6. Efficient Combustion Of Wood

Name:  firewood.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  34.6 KB

Owners who are using wood burning must learn and practice the techniques required to ensure efficient operation.

By mastering the techniques described below, you will succeed:

• Reduce the amount of wood needed to heat your home
    • Reduce indoor and outdoor pollution caused by wood smoke
    • Lower frequency of sweepings
    • Increase the benefits and pleasure of wood heating
    • The fundamental principles governing the combustion of wood.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast