View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Sofa Beds – The Sloane Sofa Bed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14_1161.jpg 
Views:	938 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	2307

A sofa bed is a great addition to any home offering the perfect option for those times when guests or loved ones decide to stay over. Sofa beds provide extra seating space for almost any living room area in the home and with the wide range of styles available finding the ideal design for your home is simple enough.

Whether you are looking for a traditional 2 or 3 seater style sofa bed or even a corner sofa bed, you can be certain when the time ...
    Categories
    Living Room , Upholstery
  2. The Pipe Organ Desk

It is quite likely this is the coolest desk in the world!

Name:	POfront800.jpg 
Views:	1111 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	2297

Name:	POback800.jpg 
Views:	1263 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	2298

The Pipe Organ Desk has been in the works for more than 3 years. It is entirely made from solid wood down to the last screw. It features an octave of functional wooden organ pipes. Should you play the correct sequence of notes or tune, a secret compartment opens up.

When you push in a drawer on the desk the air is directed to one ...
  3. Silas’s Bench

Name:	silas_bench.jpg 
Views:	729 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	2289

I built the bench in this picture last year. Designing and making a new piece is always an emotion-filled process for me, but this bench was a completely different experience. Silas Bennett was a journalism student at Keene State College; he was heading into his final year when he was diagnosed with late-stage lung cancer. Last spring, around the time when Silas would have graduated, the school hosted a ceremony in the Media Arts Center, dedicating this ...
    Tags: bench
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  4. Arch Table

Name:	arch_table_1.jpg 
Views:	718 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	2288

I love this photograph. My friend, Emily Hague, took the picture. That, in the background, is the building that houses my studio/workshop. It’s a big, ugly old structure that was built in the late 1920′s on the foundations of an even older building that had burned down. It’s got 12-inch-thick solid concrete walls, lots of large windows with steel factory sash, and 11-foot-high ceilings. I would never call the place charming, but it’s definitely got ...
    Categories
    Tables
  5. The Serpentine Wall

Name:	serpentine-wall-view-2.jpg 
Views:	929 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	2287

I am working with two amazing clients in Chicago to design several art pieces, including an entire two-story wall of…get this…climbable shelving, a custom curving stair railing, a modular vanity base unit, and two sliding doors.

One of the doors runs on a curved wall, so it will be curved. Both doors will incorporate multi-colored cast glass art pieces that I will design and create.

The entire two-story wall (pictured) has shelving ...
  6. Kitchen Trends for 2012

Name:	modern_kitchen-300x200.jpg 
Views:	940 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	2282

The new year has come. It is 2012, and your home design may be a bit behind the times when it is placed in comparison to the beautiful layouts that you see in magazines, on television shows, and at your friends houses. You may have made your new year’s resolution to finally get around to updating the appearance of the kitchen and bathrooms in your home. You may have even decided that it is finally the right time to buy new furniture, linens, and paint for ...
    Categories
    Home Decor , Kitchen