• Rosewood Office Furniture celebrates expansion

Mike Birgenheier started his furniture business 11 years ago in the basement of his home. He had been working as a repair man for a copier machine company, when his pastor approached him with an idea. “We had just moved into a house with a big basement,” said Mike. “My pastor suggested that I start buying used office furniture and use my basement for storage,” he said. “That day, I went to on office to make a repair and there were old desks just lining the hallway,” Birgenheier said. He was able to take the furniture that the office didn’t use anymore, and began to resell the items online, using his basement as storage.

Many years later, Birgenheier is still going strong. Rosewood Office Furniture sells new and used office furniture, and offers their customers a variety of buying options. “We buy, sell, trade and rent furniture,” Birgenheier said. Rosewood offers customers a unique value, selling gently used and brand new office furniture for fractions of the price compared to other retail stores. “Our stuff sells at about 50-70 percent of the price of other major furniture companies,” Birgenheier said, and when you go to Rosewood, you can always expect variety, as their showroom floor changes about every two weeks.

Birgenheier runs the business with his wife, Beth. They began advertising on the internet when they first started the business, and now have a newly-renovated showroom in their store located in Argo. Rosewood Office Furniture recently expanded their showroom, purchasing the building next to theirs on Highway 11.

To celebrate, Rosewood is having a Grand Reopening celebration this Saturday through Oct. 5. The community is invited to the showroom, to see the merchandise and meet the Birgenheier family. There will be an inflatable bounce house for kids, and other activities.
    The Birgenheier’s say their business has expanded beyond the local area in recent years, and customers are driving in to Argo from other states to visit the showroom. Most of the used inventory comes from trade-ins or offices downsizing, while other items are purchased at auctions or traded in to Rosewood directly.

Customers will find everything from desks to conference tables, filing cabinets, and wall décor. Rosewood Furniture Company also offers delivery and assembly of purchases.

Rosewood Office Furniture’s showroom is open to customers by appointment only, which helps give the customer a truly unique experience. “We are thankful for every customer,” says Beth. “And we are thankful that we are small enough to spend time with each of them.”
    Rosewood Office Furniture is located at 1917 Hwy 11. For more information, call 438-2988, or visit www.rosewoodoffice.com