View RSS Feed

Sudarsan Chakraborty

Things that your basement waterproofing contractor isn’t telling you

Rate this Entry
Whenever you want the job done, you would have expectations that your contractor must meet. You are not an expert in this field and therefore there are many things you may not be able to decipher. A professional basement waterproof contractor knows plenty of things you may not know about and most of these things could frustrate you once the work has begun. Delays here and there, overheads, inability to do some work and such.

Here are the list of some things a contractor would not inform you of therefore, you should have them planted at the back of your mind.

The low bid I gave you was not the final price.

To convince you to sign the contract, the contractor may lower the charges unreasonably. This could mean that they compromise on a few details to get the work done properly. Beware of low bidders who want to secure the project but at a later time, call you up for more money. Others may have to do a shoddy job because the money they settled for cannot hire qualified professionals.

You and I are not envisioning the same result

Be careful when you get a contractor who bids low. These guys may cut corners by not only employing cheap labor but also using low-grade materials. Everyone wants the magic of getting the cheapest contractor who is going to give quality at the shortest time possible. This is an unrealistic scenario. It is important for you not to be swallowed by the low bids. If you want quality work, you must be ready to part with some good money- a company could seem a bit more expensive than the competition but looking at the track record, the potential contractor should be best suited to your needs and expectations. Discuss at length of the details regarding the job and ask as many questions about quality as possible. Again, get a written commitment from the service provider on quality and Turnaround Time (TAT).

If you show me respect, I’ll do the job smoothly

Sometimes customers have their doubts and worries, it is completely understandable when a customer asks too many questions regarding Waterproofing contractor work. Some contractors return this by aggravating you. They’d want to prove that they also know their work or say anything to get you off their back. This could lead to reactions like, “I need more money to do the details you introduced yesterday” or “I will only do what is in the contract and whatever more you need, you’ve to pay for it”. Be firm but reasonable when dealing with them for a smooth relationship and quality work.

For you to get the best from a basement waterproof contractor, ensure that you have the above tips in mind before you enter into a contract.

Submit "Things that your basement waterproofing contractor isn’t telling you" to Digg Submit "Things that your basement waterproofing contractor isn’t telling you" to del.icio.us Submit "Things that your basement waterproofing contractor isn’t telling you" to StumbleUpon Submit "Things that your basement waterproofing contractor isn’t telling you" to Google Submit "Things that your basement waterproofing contractor isn’t telling you" to Facebook Submit "Things that your basement waterproofing contractor isn’t telling you" to Twitter

Comments

Leave Comment Leave Comment