View RSS Feed

Olga

15 Amazing Outdoor Furniture Design Ideas

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Like any privileged homeowner, I enjoy being able to get out of the confines of my house without having to actually leave it. Breathing in the fresh air, taking in some sunshine, and just admiring the beauty of my surroundings within my property are some of the little things I take for granted.

Part of being able to appreciate all that is having the right set of outdoor furniture. What I have is good but I thought to myself that I could do better. So I did my research and found 15 outdoor furniture design ideas that would certainly add to this liberating experience.

1. Radici Collection

Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  Image2.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  42.2 KB

This set by landscape designer Patrizia Pozzi for De Castelli literally gets your outdoor furniture closer to nature. With its trellis-like organic design, climbing plants can grow into the furniture, breathing life into them. The clean white finish makes for an eye-pleasing contrast with green.

2. Vertex Collection

Name:  Image3.jpg
Views: 1542
Size:  26.8 KB

Name:  Image4.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  34.4 KB

Going for a modern look in design is fashionable, and it can work even for outdoor furniture. This cubist-inspired table and chair set by Karim Rashid for Vondom can make any outdoor area look like the patio of tomorrow. The Vertex collection’s stark whites make it compatible with almost any outdoor color theme. Made with highly durable material that is also recyclable, it can withstand weather while also being nature friendly.

3. Codex Furniture

Name:  Image5.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  28.4 KB

Name:  Image6.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  32.9 KB

Function is sometimes sacrificed for the purpose of aesthetics and vice-versa, but not in the case of Yoann Yvon’s Codex set. No edges in its design make for a very soft-looking feel. The foldable ends allow it a variety of uses: as a deck chair, as a flat sunbathing bed, or as a table.

4. Eden Canopy Bed

Name:  Image7.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  Image8.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  51.2 KB

From Ego Paris, this luxurious combination of the Eden Nest and Eden Canopy can have anyone feeling like royalty. The lacquered aluminum frame looks dignified while the backrests add a touch of flair. For a romantic private night out, the cloth from the baldachin can be pulled down, enfolding lovers in an intimate space.

5. Spaghetti Wall Bench

Name:  Image9.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  33.4 KB

For the “out-there” kind of outdoors, this experimental design really reaches. The old wooden bench gets a new twist, thanks to the madcap genius of designer/artist Pablo Reinoso. Its weird nature can work well with wild gardens and stand out in a sparse outdoor area.

6. Spoon Lounge
Name:  Image10.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  35.5 KB
This is mixing modern and vintage sensibilities at its finest. The Spoon Lounge by Vivavi is made of steel wires wrapped with soft vines, giving it a sturdy foundation while keeping it comfortable. It can fit right in an arboreal yard or a spic and span veranda.

7. Faux Wicker Synthetics

Name:  Image11.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  38.1 KB

Joel Escalona gets creative with the traditional teak and wicker look. By using synthetic but similar substances, the appeal of those natural materials (aesthetics and durability) is not only duplicated but made malleable. The result is a contemporary quality with a playful character as seen in the furniture’s folded and corrugated cardboard designs.

8. Batoidea
Name:  Image12.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  26.4 KB

Name:  Image13.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  27.0 KB

Another example of insane ingenuity, Peter Donder’s underwater-inspired furniture set looks out-of-this-world. The fact that they are fully functional and secure despite being riddled with gaping holes just shows how well thought out the design is. Guests can feel like they are stepping on to a different planet when setting foot in your house with this set.

9. Savannah

Name:  Image14.jpg
Views: 1681
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  Image15.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  43.8 KB

Made of rattan interlaced into big and smooth furniture complete with cozy upholstery, this is quality work by Johannes Foersom and Peter Hiort-Lorenzen for Cane. The built-in parasols are a perfect feature for sunny areas.

10. Bright Woods Collection

Name:  Image16.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  54.8 KB

Incorporating light into furniture is a novel idea, and what better material to mix light with than wood. These unassumingly stylish wooden seats and tables can start glowing with an array of colors through the LEDs planted inside each piece. They are sure to brighten up outdoor night-time get-togethers.

11. City Camp Collection

Name:  Image17.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  45.9 KB

Annette Hinterwirth’s City Camp Collection for Dedon brings the comforts of the lounge to the outdoors. The garden swing provides relaxation as well as fun. The roofed daybed has enough space for the matching tatami mats, making for comfy naps and overnight stays in the elements. The entire furniture set comes in either chalk white or taupe brown while the fabrics and pillows can be purchased in a variety of shades.

12. Capsule Furniture

Name:  Image18.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  43.4 KB

A set of cute capsule chairs and a table with a woven wicker design can look good anywhere. This one in particular comes with soft seating pillows accenting the light browns of the furniture. Even the stand “stand outs” with its neon bright palette.

13. Cool Bar

Name:  Image19.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  15.7 KB
Name:  Image20.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  13.3 KB

This nifty piece of furniture from Keter is a must-have for any outdoor shindig. Just being able to keep drinks cool in the ergonomic base reduces the huge hassle of having to go back and forth inside the house to store them in the refrigerator. Extend the neck for cocktail parties or push it back down for a simple coffee or meal table.

14. Double Patio Lounger

Name:  Image21.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  Image22.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  50.5 KB

Who would have thought to combine two loungers into one unique chic piece? Victor M. Aleman did, and the end product doesn’t just connect furniture, but people as well. With the two headrests side-by-side, conversation can spark from people looking to unwind.

15. Behive

Name:  Image23.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  31.5 KB

Name:  Image24.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  35.2 KB

Take the entire party outside and in with the “Behive” from Extremis. Designer Dirk Wynants visualized this circular construct of galvanized steel that can accommodate up to 20. People can lie down on the synthetic leather and snuggle up to the backrest circling the “Behive”, or get seated round the center table radiating a warm glow. The roof also houses a light to ensure visibility. The curtain can be closed for even closer social meet-ups.

Considering all these amazing ideas I found out about, I can no longer underestimate the possibilities of outdoor furniture. There is just so much more we can all learn about getting the most out of our gardens, patios, decks and what-have-you.

About the Author:
Pierre Cruz is a Marketing Consultant for Open Brook. An Excellent source of information and reviews about Patio and Outdoor Furniture

Submit "15 Amazing Outdoor Furniture Design Ideas" to Digg Submit "15 Amazing Outdoor Furniture Design Ideas" to del.icio.us Submit "15 Amazing Outdoor Furniture Design Ideas" to StumbleUpon Submit "15 Amazing Outdoor Furniture Design Ideas" to Google Submit "15 Amazing Outdoor Furniture Design Ideas" to Facebook Submit "15 Amazing Outdoor Furniture Design Ideas" to Twitter

Comments

Nice tips. Thank you.
Leave Comment Leave Comment