View RSS Feed

Sachin

The Alternative Desk For Your Home

Rate this Entry
Name:  alternative_desks.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  57.8 KB

A desk is something most of us use every day, something which crosses between the home, school and workplace. The majority of the time we use it for the one sole purpose, but there are many ways a desk can be used. Here I will look at some of the ways you can use your desk.

The function for a desk is to provide a place for your computer or laptop to live. That is its main purpose in life. Desks and students around the world are almost inseparable, that same relationship is also part of most office workers lives too.

The desk plays an essential role in the majority of our lives, without it where would our computers and laptops sit? Where would all the cans of energy drinks end up? The energy drink business practically thrives off of students living at their desk trying to get an entire year’s course done in a night.

Four legs and a flat surface. The first image your mind conjures will be a table, which your desk essentially is so why not use it as one? If you ever need an extra table around the house, maybe you have some guests visiting and you have run out of room, then you can convert your desk into a table by following these easy, simple steps. Step one - clear your computer or laptop off the table. Done? Well you’re finished. See how easy that was?

Your desk can be used elsewhere in the house, though it really depends on what kind of desk you have. My desk has two drawers attached to it where I can store all my most valuable things (anything which has no other place to go) but mainly everyone’s desk normally sits in the bedroom or the home office area.

But what about using a desk elsewhere in the house? A desk with drawers can go anywhere, maybe you could put it by the front door as a place to keep and sort important mail and letters you receive? Maybe you could keep it in the bedroom and effectively use it as a bedside table.

Don’t worry about the looks either, most desks come with high quality wood veneers so they can look great wherever you put them in the house. A well designed and well made desk is incredibly adaptable and you can find a variety of great desks at Alfred Huntington Furniture.

Why not remove that PC or Laptop, place your huge flat screen high definition television there instead and you have yourself a media unit. My desk has two shelves as well as the drawers, the perfect place to place your Blu-Ray player or a games console. The drawers can act as a place to store those Blu-Rays and games and suddenly the desk area is your favourite place in the house. Sit back, relax and catch up with all those television series’s you’re behind with.

Have you ever fallen asleep at your desk? It can be tempting on those slow mornings to just rest your head and before you know it you are off in a dream world somewhere. Sleeping at the desk is something I have done multiple times and everytime I wake up with the worst pain in my neck.

There is a way around this though with a desk which actually opens up to become a bed, now you can literally climb into your desk and get that sleep you desperately need. Just make sure you don’t get caught at work doing this, I cannot guarantee your boss will see the ingenious side to this invention.

Don’t restrict your desk to the one use, you can make the most of its many uses around the home and bring new exciting life to the concept of the desk.

Submit "The Alternative Desk For Your Home" to Digg Submit "The Alternative Desk For Your Home" to del.icio.us Submit "The Alternative Desk For Your Home" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Alternative Desk For Your Home" to Google Submit "The Alternative Desk For Your Home" to Facebook Submit "The Alternative Desk For Your Home" to Twitter

Comments

Leave Comment Leave Comment