Bay Area interior designer Sara Jaffe offers residential interior design, house design, and one-of-a-kind furniture. She is a kitchen and bath designer and architectural designer serving Northern California. My background has been a unique combination of professional training & hands-on experience. After receiving my M. Arch from U.C. Berkeley, I was a partner in a design / build house remodeling firm. We all participated in both the design & construction aspects of each job.

After several apprenticeships to furniture & cabinetmakers, I then spent several years designing & building one-of-a-kind furniture upon commission for private clients.

I left the Bay Area & moved to New York City where I spent time teaching in the Interior Design Department at Fashion Institute of Technology, traveling to Europe working with international furniture manufacturers & started my interior design & custom furniture studio.

When I returned to the Bay Area, my design studio grew to include what it has now become —a full service design office providing house remodels, interiors & custom furniture design.