Finely crafted mailbox products designed by artisans and architects. Chaenomeles, Inc. (kee-NOM-ee-lees) is a very small maker of heavy unique residential copper mailboxes and cast bronze decorative flag pole brackets, all with patented designs.
I also make custom mailbox stands for the copper mailboxes with house numbers cut with a plasma torch and custom house numbers of painted steel or copper.
Our products are welded, not riveted. They are oversized, made from heavy material of unique patented designs.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE PRODUCTS ARE MADE WITH GREAT CARE IN VERY LOW QUANTITIES OF HEAVY MATERIAL. THE DIFFERENCES IN THE PRICE OF EACH TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE RELATIVE DIFFICULTY TO MAKE EACH ONE--THE FORMING, BENDING, AND WELDING, ASSEMBLY AND CLEANUP AS WELL AS THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL. COPPER IS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH.

The bronze flag brackets are cast in a local foundry using my patterns of patented designs. The display system is also patented.

Testimonial

"I have had my box for about 10 years and I love it . Its one of the best things I ever did for my house. It looks great. I always know when the mail comes, too, because the mail man lets it drop. The patina is beautiful. I get documents and boxes dropped off to me and they all fit in dry and comfortable. Thank you very much."
Mary J. Mills