The first style for the Dragon 88 collection was a white silk pillow encrusted with different size pearls that Kiyo Ohara, the owner and designer of Dragon 88, wanted to make less traditional looking, "more fun" she declared. So she added 5" long stripped coque feathers to the pillow! "I did it as sort of a joke! We had all these beautiful silk brocades & embellished silks and I just started adding feather trims! I had no idea they would sell!" Thus, the fashionable and whimsical Dragon 88 design mantra began...

Dragon 88 has since evolved into a modern collection of pillows, throws, and furniture that possess a strong fashion sense that is full of pattern, texture and color.

The style is modern yet there is a cultural and intellectual sense to the product with a bit of quirkiness! The uniqueness of the line has attracted a list of clients that range from better department stores and specialty stores, luxury and boutique hotels, and has graced a roster of high profile special events. The company is now focused on its hospitality business with a client list that boasts: the W Hotel Hollywood, Trump Beach Walk Waikiki, SLS Hotels Beverly Hills, Nine Zero Hotel Boston, Dallas Palomar, Hotel Palomar San Francisco, Hyatt Islandia San Diego and restaurants: Drais Restaurant & Lounge, Katsuya, and XIV are some highlights. Dragon 88 has designed special installations for the SAG Awards, MTV, and non-profit groups like Eve Ensler's V-Day.

Dragon 88 strives to develop beautiful and fun products that enhance today's active lifestyles and homes. The company culture is evolving with a pursuit of more ecologically friendly fabrics and sustainable designs.