+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley Furniture Forum

Ashley Furniture Forum

Ashley Furniture - What do you think

Post your opinion, review.

Of course reviews are a subjective opinions of a users.

Ashley Furniture = Don't do it!

We bought a dining room set from Ashley (table/chairs) and loved it. The customer service in store was annoying - but then again it seems like most sales people are. We looked at several places when it came to buying a new couch and landed back at Ashley. We ended up buying the Braxton Java Sectional from another (even more annoying) sales person. In the store all the sales guys kept bragging about how many of the Braxton sectionals they had sold that day and it was one of their top sellers. We had ordered a left side, middle console and right side. When we finally got it delivered, the left side of the sectional was damaged - hole in the leather, stain on the leather, the cushions were not as firm as the right side, recliner didn't recline. Had to call the customer service to have them come back and pick it up. 2 weeks later they came back and brought a new left side AND middle console. The middle console's storage bin STINKS!! Cheap plastic!!! Everything you put into the storage box came out smelling just like the nasty box!! We tested the recliner before they attached it all together and everything looked and felt good. They attached it and left. yay! ..... sat on the left side again and reclined only to feel it grind. ??? We took it apart to see why it was grinding and discovered it was grinding against the MIDDLE CONSOLE and had torn a hole into the leather. There is no way we are going to spend another month trying to figure this poor couch out. The quality of the furniture is a major concern. Was a little concerned about it in store but figured if you pay $1500 for a couch it should be good. Are the only good couches out there expensive? Surely there is SOMEONE out there making quality furniture and not asking for your first born child in return! Furniture companies hear me roar! ... MAKE QUALITY FURNITURE... AND DON'T ASK FOR MAJORITY OF A NORMAL PERSON'S PAYCHECK!!! THANKS! If only we were all as wealthy as Mark Cuban...

Poor Quality of Ashley Furniture Leather

After 15 months of ownership the leather on my reclining couch started to peel off. Ashley Furniture's consumer affairs did offer to send me a replacement piece of leather and told me to call the store for a repair that I would have to pay for.

When I call the store they say they cannot repair anything not covered under warranty to call an independent furniture upholstery repair shop. After getting the "run around" between consumer affairs and the corporate store I guess I will have to leave the blanket covering our deteriorating leather.

I advise you not to buy leather furniture from Ashley Furniture

beware of ashley furniture, flawed,poor quality, what you see is not what you get

bedroom set delivered to home, paid almost 3K for the set.. So many flaws in the furniture that the adjuster stop taking pictures?. We had to contact the manger Phil in St.. George UT and his resolution was to give us a 7% discount or reorder the same set.. After speaking with ashley employees we were told they have nothing but problems with this set'. we want our money back without pickup fees and restocking fee'. We will never buy from Ashley furniture again". consumer beware'. The salesman and delivery men were great but that doesnt help my bedroom set

Ashley Furniture is on the lower spectrum as far as quality, so you do get what you pay for... However, their Millennium collections are pretty good.

Ashley Furniture, Brooklyn

I purchased a white bedroom set for my daughter, what an experience! the saleswoman was telling me what I did and did not want and then when it came to the point of sale, her attitude changed...she was stern and not very nice. The guys that came to deliver really had no idea how to put the bed together and when it came time to flip the mattress one of the under supports was not even screwed in! There were also nail points sticking out along the headboard! I didnt notice this until I was dusting and the swiffer got caught! I called Ashley customer svc and received no help, I was told that I didnt buy the touch up plan so they couldnt fix the headboard problem. The support has never been repaired.

NEVER AGAIN!!

We went to Ashley Furniture @StoneCrest Mall, GA 20 minutes before closing. My wife was the first to notice that no one greeted us at the door or said hello ...I brushed it off. We decided however to see if this was so. We went around the whole store as we were had just purchased a new home and had basically no furniture and to our amazement we walk right past reps doing nothing of significance over and over again and they all ignored us -THE WHOLE TIME. Needless to say we wont be buying there -the prices are not that competitive anyway.

Do NOT do business with Ashley Home Furnishings in Elkton, MD. I learned the hard way that every Ashley store is independently owned, and the customer service standards at the Elkton store are pathetic. I purchased a leather living room set from them in November. When the set arrived there were scratches on the leather and the recliner was poorly assembled?. Ashley in Elkton has refused to replace the pieces, insisting that they will repair them,.

I called customer service at least a dozen times in November and December, and every time the customer service rep said they would talk with their supervisor and call me back?. NO ONE EVER CALLED BACK – NOT ONCE". I finally went back to the store to complain in person!. The in-store manager wouldn’t even talk to me, insisting that I deal with his customer service people'. Customer service cited store policy, as determined by the independent owner;. I asked for the owner to contact me, but he or she never did?.

I continued to call the store several times a week, and the pieces were finally picked up for repair on Jan. 9. They were supposed to be repaired and returned on Jan. 11. I wasn’t at all surprised when I got a call from them an hour AFTER the pieces were supposed to be delivered saying they weren’t ready yet.

So, bottom line, I spent $ thousands at Ashley in November on a living room set, and it STILL isn’t in my living room.

STAY AWAY! TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

Our bedroom set was delivered November 3rd. By 11/16/11 the dresser had come apart at the seams, it was never nailed/glued together. Ashley sent a technician by 11/29?. The technician was able to get our trapped clothes out of the dresser but was unable to fix the drawers,. They ordered drawer parts 11/30/11;. The manufacturer replied there was too much damage to send parts and asked that the whole dresser be swapped;. The store owner has refused so far,. I have the damaged dresser and no one from Ashely will return my phone calls?. I have sent letters and emails and none of them have been answered,. I have contacted the credit card company to dispute the purchase and do not intend to pay for the broken dresser/. We also purchased the 5 year warrantee on the furniture and now wish that we had not since Ashley is not fixing this issue.

Pissed off! Bad furniture. Bad service!

Purchased a couch for my friend in September. Couch seats started to sink on both ends. They have been out to repair it four times and have now scheduled a fifth time. It is clear they are going to let the manufactures warranty expire and then not honor the extended warranty. Their furniture is horrible and they do not stand behind their products. I will never buy from them again and have warned everyone to stay away from them. Am now going to ask for a refund so I can go and buy a couch somewhere else. Really angry and fed up!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast