Custom rocking chairs are one of the most challenging and interesting bodies of work I've ever undertaken. Each one of my chairs is hand made to you, the customer's specifications and available in a variety of figured hardwoods and sizes ensuring that yours will fit you perfectly. Forbes Magazine called them, "very comfortable art" which has been my goal since producing my first rocking chair. I wanted to create chairs that were first and foremost comfortable to sit in, but also and just as importantly, I wanted them to be "eye candy" that owners would never tire of having as an integral part of their life; functional art if you will.

Custom rocking chairs are particularly comfortable for expectant mothers, mothers with newborn infants or anyone else requiring good lumbar support. They are equally well suited to petite or larger people because each one is custom made. People come in different sizes, so should the rocking chairs they sit in. I have made rocking chairs for individuals as heavy as 550 pounds and as small as 4'10".

Are you looking for the ultimate retirement gift or a special anniversary gift? An heirloom quality, hand made, custom rocking chair might be the answer. Etched brass plaques can be added to them as an enduring reminder of the giver. Please visit my other Custom Rocking Chairs website (wwww.parkerconverse.com) for many new photos.

Available Inventory:
Although most of my rocking chairs are made to order and custom, I occassionally make several for fine craft shows or galleries. In stock right now and available for immediate shipment are the two rocking chairs below, "Caitlyn" & "Walter". Caitlyn is made from highly figured curly maple and Walter is made from English Walnut. To see detailed photos of each and prices please click here. I also recently acquired some excellent, highly figured, Birdseye Maple which has become extremely rare in recent years. This wood is crying out to made into a custom rocker.

500 Main Street
Hingham, MA 02043
www.SarasotaRockers.com